leaky (washing machine) transmission

-
What is your make and model of the washing machine? Take a pic of the data plate if you wouldnt mind...
um...if the plate is on the back of the washer, I've taken that off ages ago and put it in the garage. There are letters and numbers on the back of the control panel.
They are: WWA7680. also, WHRN-U and MM98. we did bite the bullet and bought a new GE washer. It's a GTW465ASNWW.
I did not pay the $25 for them to haul the old one away. IF I find the part, I'll have time to refurbish this one.
Thank you for the advice and support. We'll see how the new and parts finding works out! Bob

so ordered new machine, will call Wednesday to schedule 4 hour window with 1/2 call before they arrive. Set for delivery today. Get a call last night from another person saying the truck is delayed will need to reschedule. They called tonite,...it'll be another week. No explanation. The first caller said it was because of a hurricane(?), I asked if was because of the fire on the bridge or plant shut because of the virus. Also wondered if Home Depot is unable to pay GE to release orders. Have customer contact at GE and if I can be civil will call and see what their story is. Asked the Home Depot caller for compensation and they said to call GE "after the appliance is delivered". In the meantime, wash is pilling up. Connected the original one and are doing small loads. See how long this lasts!

Cancel order. Go Ma n Pa. Who provides warranty for HD in the US?
Here is a link for pi$$ poor warranty provider up here.
My thinking is HD gets enuf of my $$ with tools lumber etc etc....do they NEED(vs want) my $$ on appliances? Once I researched the warranty provider, I thought I'll email headquarters to let them know why I wouldnt be buying appliances from them. Guess what? No email address for customer service.:wtf::BangHead:. Seriously, no email for HD customer service??
Commerco...lol
Comerco Services Inc. - Google Search

Last edited:
Thank-you for the info. Not sure who does it here but skipped on the insurance. What I find more amazing is they don't stock the product. It is shipped from the factory when ordered. May as well order on-line. Did not find Mom n Pop place...seems Sears Appliance is the closest. Thanks again! Bob

so ordered new machine, will call Wednesday to schedule 4 hour window with 1/2 call before they arrive. Set for delivery today. Get a call last night from another person saying the truck is delayed will need to reschedule. They called tonite,...it'll be another week. No explanation. The first caller said it was because of a hurricane(?), I asked if was because of the fire on the bridge or plant shut because of the virus. Also wondered if Home Depot is unable to pay GE to release orders. Have customer contact at GE and if I can be civil will call and see what their story is. Asked the Home Depot caller for compensation and they said to call GE "after the appliance is delivered". In the meantime, wash is pilling up. Connected the original one and are doing small loads. See how long this lasts!

Could be a sign...

Ad says it fits 20 different machines
Part: WH38X53 for Wwa8810rbl - Washer Parts World

Then there's always flea bay
WH38X0055 / WH38X10002 GE HotPoint Washer Transmission & Brake Assy | eBay

Obviously I cannot vouch for any of these parts, but it might be worth a shot to call! :D

Thanks! price is right but fits 7600 and 7800 models but doesn't list 7680...unless 7600 means all models in that range.

-
Back