Lean Burn

-

ev2duster

Reaction score
It's time for the Lean Burn on my 78 Aspen to go away. I want to keep it a 2bbl. What is involved?

thanks.

Your local Dodge dealer has a distributor kit with electronic ignition and all of the instructions for making the swap. It was even easy enough that I did it on one of my Magnums without neding to ask for help.

Steve

It's time for the Lean Burn on my 78 Aspen to go away. I want to keep it a 2bbl. What is involved?

thanks.

you'll want to either get the part of the harness off of a dodge truck from 72-85 or a van will work the same, the distributor with the vacuum advance on the side of it, the electronic box and ballest resistor, the yellow wire goes to the starter relay, there is a wire just above the relay wire for the starter you will need to hook this into, the blue wire hooks into the big blue wire thats in the harness under your breather,this wire is power when the key is on, if you have any questions PM me, I have changed many of the F bodies from lean burn to electronic ignition and might be able to answer questions

wiring diagram for mopar electronic box.jpg

msd an a dis with vac advance or a mopar electronic set up your choice wiring harness from manicni about 10 or 15 dollars part house has dist , box, ballast resistor.use to do alot of them back in the day ..... lean burn was a joke to tune one you need a propane torch with a tube coming off it ,an when it turn a certain color it was in tune .... great idea right ..... dealers even had a fun time with them ....was there during that error

Also, you'll want to take a look under the cover on the front side of the carb. There are two adjustment screws. one is for accelerator pump stroke, the other determines how far up the metering rods are pulled. I adjusted my former LB carb so the pump had a full stroke and the rods were pulled as far up as possible. If there are problems, then back off on the adjustment. I had no problems.

-
Back