Learned a valuable lesson today...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Do not, under any circumstances, let a puppy latch onto your goatee. The sure to follow tug of war is a bit painful....

Do not, under any circumstances, let a puppy latch onto your goatee. The sure to follow tug of war is a bit painful....

Hehehe, I can just picture that. Mine is 6-8 inches long, and although I don't have a puppy, I have a Grandson that uses it as an attention getter.

It works.

Keep it cut short.
Trimmer is charging....hate to trim it as it takes a while to grow but getting it pulled on like that was not much fun.
DAMN! Hard lesson, yeah?
Yep....we have given Azul some cotton rope that Ernie used to make a swing for Cheeto, one of our African Greys. My goatee is as white as the rope so perhaps Azul just thought my goatee was the rope?
Hehehe, I can just picture that. Mine is 6-8 inches long, and although I don't have a puppy, I have a Grandson that uses it as an attention getter.

It works.
Attention getter, that it is. How old is your Grandson?
come on man. you gotta use creamy peanut butter and not crunchy nibbling isnt fun for anyone.
Speaking from experience? :D

Attention getter, that it is. How old is your Grandson?

4, we were sitting here watching a car show one day and I was engrossed in what they were doing and the Grandson was watching too.

Well, I guess he asked me a question and I didn't hear him, so he got up, walked over and stood in front of me and reached up and grabbed a fistful of my goatee and gave may jaw a good shake while saying "Grandpaaaaahh".

I laughed so hard I nearly pissed myself.

4, we were sitting here watching a car show one day and I was engrossed in what they were doing and the Grandson was watching too.

Well, I guess he asked me a question and I didn't hear him, so he got up, walked over and stood in front of me and reached up and grabbed a fistful of my goatee and gave may jaw a good shake while saying "Grandpaaaaahh".

I laughed so hard I nearly pissed myself.

Well, that is ONE way to get your attention.

Bwahahahaha!

I have no recollection of what you are talking about....

Sorry Doug, I had to laugh...

I know it hurt, but I know that you love that pup and she's worth the pain.

And as one of my good friends used to say: "I didn't feel a thing...." LOL!

Sorry Doug, I had to laugh...

I know it hurt, but I know that you love that pup and she's worth the pain.

And as one of my good friends used to say: "I didn't feel a thing...." LOL!

No need to apologize....I could not help but laugh as well. We do indeed love the little squirt, she is a trip. While getting a pup was my idea Ernie is the one who is head over heels for her. Right now she is on a blanket on her lap, playing with a rope.

We took our 2 African Greys to town today to get there wings/nails/beaks trimmed. Ernie dropped me off and headed to the doc. I was about 8 feet from a cage that had a very beautiful Cockatoo on the top of it....Next thing I know she was on my shoulder, trying to preen my goatee.....Amanda, the young lady that works there, came to get her off of my head/shoulder laughing. She said that anyone with facial hair that gets close enough to the cage gets jumped on, apparently she likes men with facial hair. Most large parrots live 50 or so years...there was a bird there that is 72 years old....The woman that owned the bird got her as a wedding present from her husband. He passed away 27 years ago, she passed 2 years ago. Other than being mostly blind the bird is in perfect health...

Sorry Doug, I too am laughing at ya on this one... mahahahahaha..... I used to have a "long" goatee, till my daughter was something like 3 or 4 (I think) she grabbed it fist full BOTH hands and tried to "hang". DAMN that gets ya attention pretty fast, like WTF in your head, you know? Lets just say, it hasn't been "long" anymore.... shes now 9. and knows better!

-
Back