Lebanon Valley dragway shows in Sept.

-

tom340

Reaction score
If your from Mass, Eastern NY state, Vermont, Ct., NH its an easy ride over. Two major events in Sept. MUSCEPALOOZA on Sept 2nd. Musclecar show and dragracing. Sept 29th is the ALL MoPAR show and drag races. I cant make this show myself due to travel plans but was pretty good last year.

Im going to take the wife this year to the Mopar show. Its a nice ride from Danbury pass all the farms. I think its about 2hrs but so is any other track and at least LVD doesnt require crossing a bridge, paying tolls or even using the highway.

Yes,the 29th is mopar day and the 30th is nostalgia day '72 and older cars can run,we'll be out there all weekend looking for some good air like we had last year...musclepalooza is labor day weekend so that a no go,a lot of people were very unhappy with the way the show was run earlier this year,from what i was told...

Yes,the 29th is mopar day and the 30th is nostalgia day '72 and older cars can run,we'll be out there all weekend looking for some good air like we had last year...musclepalooza is labor day weekend so that a no go,a lot of people were very unhappy with the way the show was run earlier this year,from what i was told...
What happened? I was pretty set to go to the Musclecar 'palooza" regardless. Something with the showfield??

I'll be there for the Mopar race.
Thed only time I'll get the car out this year.
Anybody know if Mikesduster is going?

I know Mike is very busy with the Church he and his wife started. Im going no matter what. Missed Bolth LVD and E-Town last year and E-Town this year. I need to smell some Cam2 and Melted tire before I go in to convulsions .

Well, come looking for me.
You know what the car looks like.
I'll try and make it more than the first elimination round this time.
I really should take it up and tune it in first.
Maybe dump the exhaust and rejet the carb.

What happened? I was pretty set to go to the Musclecar 'palooza" regardless. Something with the showfield??

I don't know about the car show,but the racing was terrible racers were only given 1 time trial,and were in the staging lanes for long extended periods of time,the money they charge for these events you should deffinately get more run time...

I did get 2 time trial in on Mopar day last year, then lost first round.
On a normal T&T day, your lucky if you can get 4 runs in, with very little time to tune. You just end up sitting in the staging lanes.
That's after dragging the car 90 miles to get to the track.
I wish someone would step up and build a track a bit closer.
There use to be one 11 miles from me, but I never got to run at it, as it was closed around 1976. They closed it to strip the pete moss of the property, now there's nothing left of the track.

Norm was that Dover ? I pass the woods were Dover use to be on my way to LVD. Its may 30 minutes from here. It sucks.

Yes that was Dover.
If you take Rt 22, its the road on your left just after the Psyciatric hospital, right across from the diner. The track is about 1 mile in on your right side. There is a red building on the property, with some big rocks lining the driveway.
If you take that windy road to the circle and take that road to the left,County rt 9. I live a few miles down the road.

Walt, Did you do your license runs yet?
Hows the racing up there been this year, slower due to fuel prices or the same?

I need to re-tune for the last 2 runs. They need to be in the nines. I ran a 10.01 and a 10.04 last Saturday. I had previously run a 10.04 with the 750 Demon, I thought swapping to the 1000 Demon would be enough to get into the nines. The air was bad last weekend. Maybe this weekend.

in what way? i heard no compliants.

Guys racing were getting only 1 time trial run,and were sitting in the lanes for long periods of time...thats not good especially for what they charge you to race...

so i guess the solution is only allow a certain number of race cars, turn the rest away at the gate?

NO,the answer is run the event properly... charging people 30.00 to race and ONLY getting 1 time trial is bullcrap,i know i can't dial my car in with just one ,all your doing is guessing,i'd be pissed,good thing i don't do that event..Ted, i see you like to argue with people just like over on moparts..:argue:

I wont even be in the country..At least I was able to make the New Hampshire speedway show last weekend. And got to see ALL 6 of the vendors at the swap meet. Yahoo! My brother will be going up to Lebanon with Greg in Gregs '70 R/T Challenger.

-
Back