LED DASH LIGHT BULB?

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I've seen a ton of these things online. Which would I use for a Rally dash in a 71 Demon.

Thanks

Hi Folks
I've seen a ton of these things online. Which would I use for a Rally dash in a 71 Demon.Thanks
Hello CFD244
I have use this LED on several projects and they have worked out great so far...
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.

LED Cluster Lamps.png

Word to the wise.... whichever ones you get, make sure you set up a bench test for them before putting them in your car. I picked some up to replace the incandescents in a boiler status panel on a commercial job. Although the specs matched up, they didn't like the power supply and they all started smoking within 10 minutes.

Just as a note the package comes with a Caution message concerning the voltage.
Lefty71,
Was the power supply AC voltage? and the LED DC voltage?
Just curious,
Arron
LED Cluster Lamps A.JPG

Was the power supply AC voltage? and the LED DC voltage?

No, I thought of that before I bought them, but yes the source voltage obviously was.... I assumed at the time that the rectifier?? or whatever still didn't really simulate battery supplied DC the same... still wary of the bulbs tho, and would bench test as I said to be positive....

No, I thought of that before I bought them, but yes the source voltage obviously was.... I assumed at the time that the rectifier?? or whatever still didn't really simulate battery supplied DC the same... still wary of the bulbs tho, and would bench test as I said to be positive....

Interesting,
Thanks for the explanation.
Always good to to gain knowledge.
Arron.

I bought some off Amazon a few years back. I just looked for the ones with the best feedback. The really brightened up my dash lights.

The one thing that I discovered is that you have to have at least one regular bulb for a load, or your dimmer won’t work. A radio bulb would do it. I left incandescent bulbs in my aftermarket gauges.

-
Back