LED

-
Thinking of changing #57 dash lights out to LED. Good idea? If so which bulb do I use?
I changed all bulbs (except headlight) to LED's. Interior lighting was not an issue unless you like to use the dimmer. For exterior lights, had to get a special LED flasher. Also had to replace two standard bulbs in the rear because when the lights were on, the turn signals would not flash. All in all, I like the LED's. I got my LED's from LED Lighting For Everything | Super Bright LEDs. Do NOT use their flasher. You need to get one that uses an external ground wire.

I changed all bulbs (except headlight) to LED's. Interior lighting was not an issue unless you like to use the dimmer. For exterior lights, had to get a special LED flasher. Also had to replace two standard bulbs in the rear because when the lights were on, the turn signals would not flash. All in all, I like the LED's. I got my LED's from LED Lighting For Everything | Super Bright LEDs. Do NOT use their flasher. You need to get one that uses an external ground wire.
I’ve heard (still haven’t tried it) that if you wire a resistor or a regular incandescent bulb in junction with your dash lights, the LEDs will dim properly.

My dad always said. "The parts you don't add, don't cause you no problem"

Search the threads, almost no threads on " I just replaced all my dash lights with incandescent bulbs and now I have a problem"

But

You will find many that state " I just replaced all my dash lights with LED bulbs and now I have a problem"

I replaced ONLY the three in Vixen's cluster that light the gauges and I couldn't be happier. You will lose the dim function but I never dimmed them anyway. Being a 64 I am sure Vixen takes a different bulb. I don't remember the number anyway.

LED's in our 67 fb cuda, dash and courtesy lights on rear panels. No issues and no "special" relays. They're polarity sensitive. Make sure traces on back of circuit board are good n clean.

-
Back