left behind ....the story of a swinger .

-

swingin408

newb....kinda
Reaction score
Well, here's my sad story and promise to make it right .
In 2002 bought a 74 dart swinger to rebuild as a project and hopefull daily driver . I was a poor college student majoring in speeding tickets.
Mostly motorcycles and imports (300zx),when I finally listened to my father and found us a mopar project .
She was a vinyl top poo brown 318 auto 904 with a 7 1/4 florida car .....that happened to be from Canada:neutral: ..yes there was some rust .
In a short peroid of time I had a decent amount of rust damaged fixed , removed the vinyl and had some reflectors shaved off and hood scoop installed . Interior was revived with new carpet ,dash and junk yard seats and she was driven around as I collected parts.
Fast foward 4 years where I find myself living in Texas with a mopar project in Florida with a Fresh 360 stroker ,full manual 727 and 8 3/4 housing missing a chunk . Looked like a good start untill life happened . I moved a few times and became a dead beat dad .
Now married and still in Texas my wonderful wife asked me recently after numerous trips to my folks house , why i have such a sweet ride dying in the woods. It then occured to me I did in fact meet the right woman . So I find this wonderful website now and am currently looking for the best way to get the old swinger to Houston by Christmas for a makeover and forgiveness.
I see I have much to learn on here after trolling a few weeks. And hope to share my progress here shortly !
Here's the only pics I have while I'm offshore . But here she is ...

View attachment Screenshot_2013-11-12-15-16-48.jpg
View attachment Screenshot_2013-11-12-15-16-03.jpg

Welcome you came to the right place. Lots of info and advice here.

-
Back