Left hand lug nuts

-

PostalBGraham

Reaction score
I bought a set of sbp Cragars off e-bay. They arrived yesterday. They're not perfect, but very nice! The seller included all the lug nuts. Unfortunately for me, 10 of the lug nuts are left handed threads. When I bought my 8 3/4 rearend, one of the left hand studs was broken, so I replaced them all with right hand threads. My fronts are also both right handed. So, I have 10 left hand Cragar lug nuts that I don't need. But, I do need 10 more right handed ones!

I saw some on e-bay for sale. The guy wants $135 for nine of them. Is he crazy?!? I'd love to be able to swap with someone who has what I need and visa versa.

hey I just bought some wheels of dusterdood on this site.I also had the left hand lug nut dilemna.Being bound and determined to put the wheels on, I found a front drum with right hand threads and swapped the studs in the rear and went to auto zone and got 20 7/16 right hand lugs.......Joe B. :blob:

you can buy the long mag type lug nuts at your local tire shop for $2 or less.these are the extra long mag syle to fit through the thick center wheels so i would check with your local tire shop.should be able to save u alot of money

Thanks for your help. I'm adding a pic incase anyone needs the left handed nuts.

CragarLugNuts (Small).jpg

Some guys just pop out the old left handed lugs and put in right handed in.....I was one of them. (easy and no more problems) :angel9:

hey Signet did you get the situation fixed? If not PM me when you get a sec, I have a cheaper lead on some if you need. Ill be doing the same since my new 8 3/4 has rh on both sides. I have to change the front to rh. My Cragars are being powder coated silver and then Im going to paint the spokes black metalic or maybe a gun metal grey color. Should look cool! Lata'

i just bought sbp cragars and didnt realize they take thier own lug nuts. i bought 7/16 cragar lugs but they were too wide and would not fit into the bolt hole. Went to summit and purchased these,

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...906067+4294902769+4294902787+115&autoview=sku

they say specifically for 5 on 4" bolt pattern. fit great. you might want to measure your bolt holes first, just in case. if yours accept the bigger lug nuts, i have 20 brand new ones that i'll gladly sell to you. hope this helps -eric

I ran into the same problem that Eric did. All the local shops sold lugs that were too large diameter. That's why I went with Mancini. I paid $17 or $18 for 8 new rh thread.

Not sure if I am too late but I just got some mags with the SBP all right hand lugs. My car however is still original with the left hand ones. Now of course it took me over an hour to figure this out. I am in need of 10 L.H. ones. Mine are the 7/16-20 ones. So if you could and this is still open, please pm me with a price if you are willing to sell. I live here in central Florida and have an odd looking 65' Barracuda. Has mags on right side and steelies on the left.

Not sure if I am too late but I just got some mags with the SBP all right hand lugs. My car however is still original with the left hand ones. Now of course it took me over an hour to figure this out. I am in need of 10 L.H. ones. Mine are the 7/16-20 ones. So if you could and this is still open, please pm me with a price if you are willing to sell. I live here in central Florida and have an odd looking 65' Barracuda. Has mags on right side and steelies on the left.

This is a very old thread. You can send a PM to member "flmopars" who has some left hand thread lugs for sale and lives in Florida too. Also, any tire/wheel dealer in your area should be able to get them for you. :cheers:

I tried all my dealers today and no luck on these lug nuts. I even popped the studs out only to find out that none of my local parts stores can get the right hand ones. I think I live in the twilight zone sometimes. I have the 10 right hands and washers if someone has the same amount in lefts to trade. Not too sure on the thinking of the whole right hand rights and left hand lefts. I did however score a 4bbl intake and carb while out on my journey for 30 bucks though.

-
Back