Left inner fender tag

-

Gordon340

Reaction score
Trying to get some info on my 67 Dart GT. I need to find out where to get the information to deciper the tag that sits in the left wheel well. I have been able to find out what each section is, ie: axle, engine etc. But I don't know how to deciper the codes.

Axle is: "2"

Trim is: "P6R"

Paint is: QQ1

Upper inner door color is : "Q"

Engine is: "31"

The top lower case letters have "4" under the b, a "7" under the h, and a "4" under the j

The second row from the top upper case letters have "1" under the R, "1" under the S, and "2" under the X

Can anyone deciper these or tell me where I can find this information?

Thanks

Brian Gordon

i have the decode book for 66-68. i CAN properly decode. sorry adam but yours is the one i need... 69-71...

AX

depending on which axle you have (7.25 or 8.750 you have either a 2.93 ratio (7.25) or a 2.94 ratio (8.75)

TRM

P6R

premium bucket vynil "Premium grade" in red

PAINT

dark red metallic monotone (all one color nonvynil most likely)

ENGINE

273 1-2bbl 8cyl 180hp

b

bucket seats

h

lights- turn signal indicators hood/fender mounted

j

mouldings body sill- narrow

R

radio AM music master economy 2 watt

S

Air Conditioning with heater

X

Glass tinted- windsheild only

i hope this helps. is a little easier to see a pic of rubbing of it but i think i got the info you needed. i did not find the trans code or i would tell ya what you SHOULD have in there. if ya want me to totally decode it for ya send me a rubbing or a pic. i can also do your build sheet if its still there. so far this sounds to be one sweet GT!

ax 2 = code # 402 2.93:1 with 7.25 or 2.94:1 with 8.75
P6R = premium bucket, vinyl, red.
QQ1 = dark red metallic
Q = dark red upper door
31 = 273 2bbl
b4 = bucket seats
h7 = fender mount turn signal
j4 = sill moulding

R1 = there it is, that big powerfull radio. 2 watt music master
S1 = air conditioning, Cool
X2 = tinted windshield only
Sounds like a nice one.

Thanks for the information, finding the '69 up info is easy, the earlier years proved a little harder for me. Where did yall find this, I would like to get a copy for my own library.

Thanks again!

Brian Gordon

-
Back