legendary auto interiors ltd. problems?

-
my only complaint is they were slow to reply to emails,
but that was about 3 years ago; so maybe they have gotten better.

They sent me the wrong carpet based on what one of their employees had told me 3 yrs earlier......they acknowleged that their former worker was wrong and shipped me new carpet and paid to have the old stuff shipped back.....all that without an argument or me loosing my temper.

THAT IS RARE

I will continue to buy from them.

The thing about the door covers is true....they do not come with the pockets for the door clips.....its a hassle to split the fiber board but...If you use the tool they supply or make one by bending the tip of a small flat blade screwdriver into a 90 then file it till its sharp on both edges, its not so bad. Take your time......and about 4 beers....they go on OK.

Mop

I bought my seat covers through Year One. I've done it for two cars and they supply top of the line materials. Guess what? They sell Legendary stuff!

I bought my seat covers through Year One. I've done it for two cars and they supply top of the line materials. Guess what? They sell Legendary stuff!

Same here! For some reason they were cheaper(at the time) than from the Legendary site.Drop shipped right from Legendary. Great product!! Not cheap,but you get what you pay for!!

I got door panels from them but I didn't order directly from them I went thru classic industries I agree the board is thinner and they didn't have as many holes for the clips but overall I guess they look pretty good I would probably order products from them again

good bunch....bought carpet and seat covers for the express .....matched perfectly to oem and excellent service....Jim

The previous owner of the Scamp used them for the seat covers and some other goodies. Looks great, fits great, top quality stuff in my opinion.

Legendary is top notch! When restoring my 1970 Dart Custom they didn't have the LH bench seat or the door panels, so I sent them my old ones and they reproduced them and they were perfect. After 2 years a seam split on the bench seat and they took it back and replaced the damaged panels with no problems and no cost to me.
Several years ago I bought an old lady 1970 Swinger that had the factory floormats in it. Over the years they got brittle and cracked so I showed them to the Legendary guys at a show. They took them in and now reproduce factory Abody floor mats like you would buy at the dealership when the car was new. The back doesn't look like the original, but the face is dead on. I would recommend them to anybody. The upholstery guy that put my seat covers on won't use anybody else's premade covers.

As the owner of a upholstery shop I have installed many different company's
Interiors for many years. Nobody even comes close to the quality of legendary.
Tops in their field. Your money will be well spent with their covers.

I recovered the front and rear seats for two cars with products purchased from Legendary. In both cases, the rear seat bench material would not fit the frame. I took measurements, emailed them photos and explained what was happening. Legendary paid for shipping both ways, made new covers that fit, and re-installed them at no cost to me. Customer service was great in that regard.

I'll also vouch for SMS fabrics (the guys that Legendary gets their stuff from). They sent me a roll of vinyl and the material just wasn't pressed into it correctly, so the grain didn't match up to my original seat. I let them know and they sent me another roll. This one was better but it still wasn't enough to match the seat. I let them know again and they sent yet another roll and this one ended up being perfect.

Some people might have been annoyed that it wasn't right the first time but the world isn't perfect and I respect a company that keeps at it until they make things right without any questions asked.

They screwed me once. I confronted them at Carlisle. What a joke. The covers are in my Duster not even close to original. I had an original seat and one of theirs in my car. Sat it on our spots there and put signs on the car. They had security make me take the signs off.

Then I bought covers and panels through. Dante's mopar parts. Drop shipped from Legendary. They were also wrong. They told Dante that is the way the orange parts were made. They did not know I still had all the original orange interior. Dante had me send him the pieces to confront them. Dante stood by his sale not Legendary . They suck to deal with if they screw up. Always use a third party. I use Dante's for everything. He stands by what he sells. My parts are now correct thanks to Dante's efforts , not legendary's. I wouldn't by direct from them ever.

Some of you would never know the difference unless you have original parts to compare. Their stitching is what ever they feel looks OK. I have pics to prove what I am saying. Good luck and get the Vaseline ready.

-
Back