Let me introduce myself.

-

DavidSloan

Reaction score
Hello to all. I'm Dave Sloan. I am new to the site 12/2012. Also new to websites which explains why I put my info and questions in the general topic forum. I'm a life long Mopar guy, the son of a life long Mopar guy back to 1930's. I am just about to turn 60 in April. I have owned Many Mopars and some other brands (foreign & domestic). Don't feel comfortable in anything but Chrysler products. Currently drive a 1996 Dodge Intrepid ES. Living in Rochester WA. Long history in So.Cal. and originally from OH. Researched and joined this site because I own my fathers 1970 Duster 340 that he purchased new in October 1969. I intend to give it to my son when I am deemed unable to drive. My questions have to do with fender tag codes and how to read them. Mainly color, build date and sequence#. How do I find out how many 340's were built with my equipment? I am trying to decide between full restoration or restomod dependant on provinance. Only things non stock are a flex fan and a Mallory Unilite pointless conversion. Well I've gone on long enough. Look forward to hearing from anyone and sharing. God Bless. Dave Sloan.

Welcome Dave! You have my favorite "A" body, so i'll be interested in how you decide to move forward. This was, is, still my favorite car. My best friends 70' that I worked on and went to the race track with.......
View attachment 221.jpg

I personally like the more stock look vs restomod, but however you decide, it will be cool.

We love pics here, and if you can post a pic of the fender tag, we can get you started on what options came on that one.

Welcome to FABO! That's a great thing with your Duster. Keeping it a family heirloom is a great idea. Good luck with it and I hope it is many years before you have to pass it down!

Welcome Dave. Post the fender tag and some one will help you out.
God Bless you to.

Darryl

Welcome aboard David (out of the closet anyhow) You should post a picture of the fender tag and I/we can decode it for you.
It is near impossible to give a break down as to how many with the exception of maybe 340 cars w/ auto or manual transmissions. But some options are certainly more rare and uncommon than others.

John

Welcome David, nice to see that this car has been in your family since new. I tend to prefer the factory look also but I'm looking forward to check out which ever direction you take your car, good luck.

-
Back