let me know what you think

-

ramman7284

Reaction score
im curious as to what people think of this set up and what they think the pony range would be on a late model la 318.

eddy performer rpm heads #60779 (ive been hearing bad things about these)
hooker comp headers #hok-5901hkr
holley 650 double pumper
eddy performer rpm intake, an old holley low rise, or mopar m1 high rise
eddy true roller chain and gear set
kb167 flat tops depending if i have to bore the block a little

if anybody wants to add a decent mild cam in there and possible a crank that will match it just let me know what you think

Nice combo,especially if you add the pistons.Run an air gap,if you can afford it.If adding the pistons,Check out a Lunati 60403,or Comp 268 xe.No pistons,Lunati 60401,or Comp 262xe.Add 3.55s and a 2000/2400 converter.Buy lots of tires,it will run hard.

im hoping to install a 6spd behind it so a stall wont be necessary and i was thinking of 4.10 4.11 gear ratio

Down to compression,then.Was reading your other thread.A 360 hammers,but if you want a six speed,1st. and 2nd gear are low,won't hook with a 360.Good luck.

why wouldnt it hook with a 360 sorry for asking. neither tho im a mechanic at a trans shop i dont have the time to do the research and we hardly tear into standards

If your using a 6 speed,1st and 2nd gears are real low.Most 6 speeds are about a low 1st and 2nd gears.That launches the car.This gives the ability to run a 3 series gear.Ride in a late model mustang,or Z28 Camaro.If running normal street rubber,a 360 will not hook.You will need hi buck drag radials.

oh ok neither tho i do plan on running performance tires cause the size of rim i hope to put on. but even with a 318 with the set up i posted still wouldnt keep the tires hooked and i wouldnt be driving the car hard maybe jump on it every once in awhile

It would be a lot easier with a 318,I would think.Do you have a idea what you want to do?Do you want street strip?Road race? Pro Touring?What do you want this car to do?The hardware sounds like handling/fun autocross car.

i just want it to be a nice looking and nice performing muscle car that i take to shows suspension will b upgraded and brakes will be power disc all the way around

Very cool.Only way to find out is to build it.Myself,would do a 360.The combo you asked for would be 425 to 450 hp in a 360.Expect 20+ mpg with a six speed(double o.d.5 and 6).Why a 318 ,I don't know.

well ill see when i start to build it and when i do ill probably start another thread on it while im building it

im just south of modesto ive been to pismo once and that was to the dunes but i didnt have my bike next time i go i hope my bike is with me lol

i got a buddy that lives bout 15 mins from the dunes hes always out there cause hes big into fmx and all that

Good stuff.Within 100 feet of my shop,9 second small block duster,Pro street 440 Cuda.Round the corner.where I learned. Flow bench, 40 years of mopar knowledge on tap.He owns a 70 R/T Challenger.(wonder why I love mopars?)

i maybe 21 but i grew up with dodge and when i got older and started noticing cars more i fell in love mopar the lines the look and shear power just drew me in and mopar has always had an aggressive look to me

-
Back