let my son drive a truck tonight

-

dodge-n-it

Reaction score
well sort of, hes six, and I have a truck I am taking to the scraper. I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride in the truck,and of course yeaah. I have an acre of property and a good bit of snow right now. after I did a couple of laps in the back yard I asked him if wanted to drive. so we switched seats and he asked how? I told him just like your jeep. I steered and he worked the gas and brakes, it was alot of fun to see how excited he was. only slid into one tree. the funniest part was after we got out and he looked at the truck where we slid into the tree and he says "just like mommies car now"
Theres nothing better than having kids

Start them early and its allot more fun for us then too!!! :toothy10:
Good job dad he will never forget this day :thumbup:

memike said:
Start them early and its allot more fun for us then too!!! :toothy10:
Good job dad he will never forget this day :thumbup:
i can voutch for the never forgetting i remember driving our plow truck 340 it was great i was like 8 so no biggy just got to drive

better he crahses something now.. then later.. good on you.. i first drove when i was 9 or 10.. in my dads thunderbird! "thundercougarfalconbird!" lol

To Cool, My son is just over 5 weeks old now, and I already have similar plans for him.

Hopefully this summer I will have the kids running go carts. my son does great with the battery jeep and my daughter is not to bad. They are twins which has been interesting. I have had both of them helping me in the garage at diff times, helping me take tires on and off. its fun to see there expressions, and to hear them say cool when the zips the nuts on and off. going back to the jeeps, they were 3 or 4 at the time. my daughter got hers stuck and my son drives his over and takes a tie down strap out of the back of his and hooks them up and pulls her out. you just dont know how much the kids are watching your every move. parent hood is an awesome experince.

I hear you there, they watch and see alot more then what you give them credit for until you watch them sometime and see that they try to mimick your actions.

I let my son drive my truck from the end of the street to our drive way two weeks ago he thought it was great and he's 15. Now I have a new one on the way in September so I will go through parenthood again, now I have to learn all over, hope things haven't changed too much!!

-
Back