Let's play find the Bulls**t

-

blackace

The KING of flats
Reaction score
Was looking at a site and came a Camaro someone was selling. So I decided to take a look.

Here is what he says about it.

I'VE HAD AMNY E-MAILS FOR MORE PHOTOS, I'VE ADDED 53 PHOTOS TO THIS POSTING ALSO PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL ME OFFERS COME SEE THE CAR FIRST. 1969 CHEVY CAMARO SS X-CODE HUGGER ORANGE WHITE INTERIOR MUST SEE I PURCHASED THE CAR 5 MONTHS AGO ON EBAY FOR $32000.00. CAR IS SO NICE I DONT WANT TO DRIVE IT. 1969 CHEVROLET CAMARO X CODE ALL RESTORED EVERYTHING HAS BEEN REPLACED OR GONE OVER ORIGIONAL HOUNDSTOUTH INTERIOR 350 CORRECT DATE BLOCK, MILD CAM, HEADERS 3SPD AUTOMATIC COWL HOOD NEW TIRES HUGER ORANGE WITH BLACK STRIPS WORDS CAN EXPLAIN THIS CAR-COME SEE IT IN PERSON STORED IN HEATED GARAGE. SHOW READY (RECENTLY TOOK 1ST PLACE AT AN ALL CHEVY SHOW WITH 80 CARS.) TRADES WITH CASH? LOOKING FOR A WOODEN CLASSIC BOAT,PURFORMANCE BOAT ETC

69hugebay57.jpg

69hugebay56.jpg

69hugebay53.jpg

69hugebay52.jpg

69hugebay51.jpg

69hugebay50.jpg

69hugebay49.jpg

I'll start off with the second picture of the trunk. Anyone else notice anything? Yup you guess it body filler loaded up in the trunk.

This sounds to me either the guy didn't know what he bought until after he got it. Or fell into the Camaro haze and didn't see what was there. Now he realizes what he's got and trying to get most of his money back.

Anyone else spot anything. I have a BIG list of thing and the more I look the more I find.

I'll start off with the second picture of the trunk. Anyone else notice anything? Yup you guess it body filler loaded up in the trunk.

This sounds to me either the guy didn't know what he bought until after he got it. Or fell into the Camaro haze and didn't see what was there. Now he realizes what he's got and trying to get most of his money back.

Anyone else spot anything. I have a BIG list of thing and the more I look the more I find.

That's a lot of Chevy pics to look at. I'm exhausted.
What do we win if we play? ;-)

Hasn't been driven since the exhaust has been put on. Frame still has rot. Someone used radiator silver paint (like for the ones in Grandma's house) on the fender tag. I'll have to look for more when I get home... I love picking apart Chebbies !!!

When did Pontiac rims come on Camaro's? Or am I a hopelessly out of touch Mopar guy?

Is the decklid supposed to be closed?

Rear seat looks original / discolored (as opposed to the new front covers)

Tons more bondo in the rockers (not even sanded all the way down smooth).

These are the pictures he's using to sell a $30k+ car?

When did Pontiac rims come on Camaro's? Or am I a hopelessly out of touch Mopar guy?

I agree...those rims are sometimes found on Chevelles and Pontiacs, but I have never seen them on an original Camaro.

Wrong Radio

Exhaust looks weird with all of the clamps, I could be mistaken, but I would have expected it to have been welded.

Hmm...

OldMoparsRule

tags been hamered to hid body # for one
z28 stripes on ss?
cowl hood with out cowl induction set up
pained over bondo
walker exhaust tags on exhaust silver grille no radio antenna
lots more
mike

Here is a few more. Rotted and ripped weather stripping, fogged gauge lenses, possibly cracked steering wheel or starting to separate at the seems, damaged and rusted gas tank.

door seals look like!@#$% where the window meats it ,rockers are not completed,
All I can see is a pill of orange !@#$.
looks like the trans has came apart at one time buy the way the belle looks.
Exhaust looks like poo. Junk in the trunk@#$.
I do agree The wheels don't go with this car,Not sure!
Trunk will leak,and I am not sold on the front seats being 69 ss camaro.
back dash is black.Da!!. 69 ss badges must be in the clove box that belong inside the car.

wheels were supposed to be available late in thr year but no
proof cars ever made with them
seats are 69 camaro chrome crap under hood
mike

The rocker mouldings have defects. Is the center vertical bar in the grille supposed to look like that? Looks damaged to me, but I've never been a Chevy guy............

That car is not worth $10K.

I see some serious **** wrong, not cosmetic.

1. THe car is bent, it looks like the driver's side door sill was bent upwards, lots of bondo there.

2. Trunk Bondo, a sign of what else might be hidden.

3. All of the quarters and fenders are oddly shaped, a lot of bondo here.

4. Trunk lid does not line up, looks twisted, probably from #1

5. Floorpad dented. See #1

6. Tons of Bondo on drivers door, look at the reflection in the crease. door does not fit body shape, body twisted, see #1

7. A lot of old rust and flaking paint was just painted over, look at the firewall tag, also, the rivets look suspect.

Gerearlly, the restoration is highly suspect. Why put a cheap muffler shop exhaust on a car of that price level?

I would run from that car for that price. :puker:

Funny thing is that it will sell!! I've seen more half *** chevy's sell for stupid amounts to stupid people .

My boss bought a '69 Camaro "Z28" a few years ago for
11k. It was suppposed to be a restored car with a 383 stroker. Yeah!!! turned out to be a 305 w/ a ford toaploader and 4.88 10 bolt, the top had been cut off at
one time (probably at about 80 mph!!) , the vynal top trim
had been rivited on and came with an extra shaker hood
(77 T/A hood).
Ran like ****,looked like hell and was never a Z28.

if its a real ss, it needs a black out grille. may have been replaced. magnum 500's were available for ford, mopar and chevy at the time, but those look like 70 chevelle wheels. he does have the correct trim for an ss x11 car but i question the color code that is hard to read on the cowl tag. it should be 72 for hugger orange but it almost looks like 71 which is lemans blue. the trim code for the interior, 729, is right for blk/wht houndstooth. the car was probably wrecked and/or rusted BAD so the quick together job is bad. all weatherstripping still needs replacing. build sheet?? protecto plate??

sorry, i guess i restore too many camaros.

If this thing beat 80 cars at a Chevy show, must have been a pretty sad show.

not knowledgable enough on these to tell whats right and wrong, but my overall sense is..

pig.jpg

-
Back