Lets see those 73-76 Dusters

-
First ground up resto and rear quarter job. Should be complete this spring.

Attachments

• Duster 2012 2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 375
  • 73 Duster.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 364
Lets see some more, I need to relight the fire under my *** and get working on this thing

This is from a while back. I am working on hammering out a cooling issue. Thought some of you might like to see this... I am going to try and get a new video up in a few weeks.

[ame]http://youtu.be/TWt-OjTjVxU[/ame]

Yeah, my radiator was clogged:wack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CEZMhdTgRs

My '73 340 Duster (was my dad's first car, he bought it in '76). Real H Code car, numbers matching engine block

The car has remained virtually unchanged since the 80's. The 29x14.5-14" Kelly Super Charger tires on the back were a birthday present from my grandfather to my dad...in 1981... and they have about 800 miles of use on them. The only things on the car that have changed since the 80's, are the spark plugs & wires, the cd player (which my dad added in the 90's) and the tach (which I added this year) and the starter.

60,000 Original Miles, Built 340, Manual Shift 727, 8.75" Rear (489 Chunk, 4.10 Gears, Spooled), B-Body Discs & Calipers up front, Coil Springs in addition to Slant 6 Torsion Bars, E-Body Center Console with Slapstik Shifter

Factory A/C & Moonroof car. My dad put a new top on the car in 80 or 81, and didn't like the moonroof so he covered the headliner with a panel and added speakers to it, never cut the new top for the moonroof (still installed in the car)

It is a blast to drive, and scares my friends. NONE of them will even dare to drive it, even though I've offered them the chance. They say its too much car for them to handle. Probably because everytime you wail on the throttle in 1st gear, the car goes sideways (whoops, I did this with each of my friends). And it burns the tires through all 3 gears.

I've tried to give the car back to my dad, but he won't take it back. I know how much it means to him, that's why I want him to have it back (I'm not being rude by giving it back, I love it and he knows it too). He's borrowed it twice, but any time I drop the car off at his house or try to leave it there, I wake up and find it parked in front of my house.

This year I put about 200 miles on it, but PennDot is screwing me on the registration/plate. I renewed the Registration in March ($36), and still haven't received my new registration card & plate sticker. I had to fill out form #MV-44 (an additional fee) because they screwed up and still haven't received anything. So its been parked since the temporary registration expired. I'm pissed off about that.

Duster Rege- What color is that?

Is that a factory color?

What does the tag say?

Looks like the old dark turquoise from the mid 60's but didn't think it was available in the 70's.

Is it KB5?

-
Back