lexan windows

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
What is a good guess of how much the windows of a 74 duster weight.. Meaning drivers and pass side door and the mini back windows.. Im thinking about lexan thats scratch proof..Since its stronger and safer

street/strip...My windows are always rolled down when I drive anyways... Please no one get into there not safe or I wouldent do it...I just want to have something there for when I go to the store or mall.. If I wanted I would run with no door windows, But I want something there

If Lexan was stronger, safer and scratch proof it would be used in production cars...

It will scratch.

With that said... Maybe for the side windows but I wouldn't use it for the front or back.

More trouble than it's worth in my opinion.

is that leagal in california cause here in pa you must have glass no plastic. or do you not have a state inspection that is mandatory to drive the car?

there is no inspection for older cars.... and lexan doesnt brake or shatter... and I think they use glass to keep noise out of the car. http://www.piedmontplastics.com/html/prodname-LEXAN_Polycarbonate_Sheet-349.htm

says 250 times stronger than glass

Im not looking for an argument... I just want to know how much those windows weigh.. Like I said I could run no windows in the doors if I wanted. But I want something for when I go to the store.. And for the scratching they sell some that doesnt scratch or I could tint them

Lexan would be much, much lighter.

Im not trying to argue.... Just understand.... It will not be as simple as taking out your side glass, tracing it on Lexan, cutting the new windows and bolting them in.

The side glass has a curve. The Lexan will be flat. The will never roll up and down right.

This problem can be solved in several ways but at significant cost and effort.

And again... They will just get scratched all to hell if you roll them up and down.

Go for it and let us know how they work.

The only way I have seen them put lexan side windows in is to screw them to the door then make a wire cage around the window thats welded to the door then screwed to the window all the way around. Most of or A body cars do not have windo tracks to slide up into when the windo is up so if you don't do this the lexan will just flop around in there. Scratch proof? Ya right.

Here is a few pics of a Demon I took that has a full set of lexan windows in it.

Copy of 100_1706.jpg

100_1718.jpg

100_1710.jpg

100_1713.jpg

-
Back