Life on Mars?

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Aloha!

Anyone watch this show? I watch it with the family...and piss them off everytime I stop and rewind the show and look at the old cars...if you haven't watched it, its about a cop gets hit by a car and wakes up in 1973...(long story short)

But there are PLENTY of mopars on the show...the main caracter drives a 1972 Chevelle SS.

Good actors...

Check it out...if anything for the cars in the background.

I've only seen the original BBC version. I can only identify the manufacture of the head detective's car. Ford.

Had a very cult following here in the UK very non pc language down to earth lots of old cars that had people getting misty eyed over it don't know were they got them from thought most of them had rusted away !!!!

have not seen your version but hope it is good some very good one liners on ours !!!!!!!!! sad when you remember the cars when they were new !!!!!!

just watched the new one...yes plenty of one liners...I didn't know it was a BBC original...I made a mistake the the main actor is driving a 71 chevelle...oops..hard to tell...key is the front turn signals...split in 71 one piece in 72...

last episode the main guy "Spaceman" boinks the chiefs(bosses) daughter...doesn't know until...the end....

best line tonight...

"I'd drag myself through broken glass just to kiss the guy that last sucked her toes"....

I brought this up a couple months ago.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=45822&highlight=mars

I`ve watched it since it`s inception. I hope it makes the cut, there are so many shows that are worse but have made it. I love the Mopars too, I saw a 68 Coronet in the last episode. I love the characters and with names like "No Nuts" (there`s a lot of truth in the sexism expressed there) how could you not like it.

I watch almost zero television but this show sounds
like it's right up my alley.
Could you give the network and time?

i really love the old themes and sights in the show. man i wish some of this stuff was still around today. really makes you notice the pc stuff in compairison to today. i was hopeing to see what was in the basement from the season 1 cliff hanger but i guess it will be shown later on.

This last weeks episode had a 70 Coronet R/T convertible in it. It was in the first 15 minutes or so. There was nearly 1 full minute of the car in the video, while the detectives were standing over a woman who was shot by a stray bullet from a bank robber. Rear 3/4 view, brown, black top, white stripe, Magnum wheels, Coronet tail lights.

My family can't watch with me either, I'm always pausing and rewinding to look at the cars too. Remember the Dodge commercials from 2 years ago with all the old cars, it took me like 5 minutes to watch them frame by frame.

This last weeks episode had a 70 Coronet R/T convertible in it. It was in the first 15 minutes or so. There was nearly 1 full minute of the car in the video, while the detectives were standing over a woman who was shot by a stray bullet from a bank robber. Rear 3/4 view, brown, black top, white stripe, Magnum wheels, Coronet tail lights.

My family can't watch with me either, I'm always pausing and rewinding to look at the cars too. Remember the Dodge commercials from 2 years ago with all the old cars, it took me like 5 minutes to watch them frame by frame.

Good eyes !! I saw that Coronet too, but thought it might have been a '68 or '69.. I love that the show is set in 1973, the year I got my license ... Love the cars and some of the songs they play that I haven't heard in ages..

How about the guy this week who jumped from the ledge because he lost all his money in the stock market, investing in a company that made portable phones ??

The cops were all looking at each other like "Who would wanna carry a PHONE around in their pocket?!??" Funny how things change ...

Good eyes !! I saw that Coronet too, but thought it might have been a '68 or '69.. I love that the show is set in 1973, the year I got my license ... Love the cars and some of the songs they play that I haven't heard in ages..

How about the guy this week who jumped from the ledge because he lost all his money in the stock market, investing in a company that made portable phones ??

The cops were all looking at each other like "Who would wanna carry a PHONE around in their pocket?!??" Funny how things change ...

68 had double stripe around the trunk and round side marker lights, 69 had different tail lights. The tail lights were the giveaway, 1970 Coronet R/T only. Super Bees for '70 even had different tail lights.

I watched it for the first time this week. I like it. I have now watched the first two episodes online.

I've watched since the beginning as well! Great show!!! Love all the old squad cars, especially the 65 Belvedere! Hope it keeps going, it's one of my favourites.

Aloha!

Anyone watch this show? I watch it with the family...and piss them off everytime I stop and rewind the show and look at the old cars...

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who gets yelled at for stopping the show so I can rewind it and look at a car lol. Great show!:toothy10:

-
Back