Lift / Slapper bars on my Early Dart Dragcar

-

The Shocker

Reaction score
Anyone every have success with Lift/Slapper bars on early A bodies?The reason i ask is because my Dart sqauts on the launch ,instead of lifts in the rear.The car is 60 footing pretty well at 1.63 on the foobrake ,but a freind noticed that the stock springs are rolling pretty badly in the process.Im getting great weight transfer ,i just think that the Lift bars would be better.I got sum old bars from Craiglist for cheap ,and they are the heavy duty kind that have the spring plates made to them with the a clamp on the front and rear of the rearend center line.I know about Caltracs and Super Stock springs ,but i thought i would try something a little different .Here is a vid of my Dart on a 1.66 60 ft run ,and notice how its spun out of the gate.What do you think ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIIyWUefEYQ

You can try them, but if they aren't long enough to contact the front spring eye they are just useless weight. IMO the best suspension going for A bodies are SS springs. Looks to me like your Dart is launching pretty good. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

they work great if you have soft rear springs like slant 6 springs
I've got them on my 65 408 dart gt
not as good as ss springs but hey go with what ya got they will prob fix that lil spin you got
def try them
nice dart

IMG_0029 (640x480).jpg

they work great if you have soft rear springs like slant 6 springs
I've got them on my 65 408 dart gt
not as good as ss springs but hey go with what ya got they will prob fix that lil spin you got
def try them
nice dart
They are spungy 6 cyl. springs on it.I have a transbrake and want to use it ,but i am affraid without something like Lift bars or a pinion snubber ,that the shock of the transbrake launch is gunna bend the springs ,or send it into wheel hop .I am gunna try them ,since i have them anyway.Thanks for the compliment on my car also ...

You can try them, but if they aren't long enough to contact the front spring eye they are just useless weight. IMO the best suspension going for A bodies are SS springs. Looks to me like your Dart is launching pretty good. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
They reach to the spring eye (i mocked them in place ot check).I agree with the Super Stock springs being great ,but my car doesnt need alot of help anyway .I mainly need something to limit how far the rearend can rotate so i can use the transbrake ,and not damage the springs,or throw the pinion angle to far out of wack.The 8 3/4 in my car came ,from a pickup ,so i cant use a bolt on pinon snubber on the third member (it doesnt have the holes for it)...

Love the car, very similer concept to mine. I have the ss springs on mine and it will only 60' in the 1.70's(of course I'm a mile high out here). What's your rear gear? Seems to hook good, a little dance but looked good to me! What kind of tire pressure you running?

Love the car, very similer concept to mine. I have the ss springs on mine and it will only 60' in the 1.70's(of course I'm a mile high out here). What's your rear gear? Seems to hook good, a little dance but looked good to me! What kind of tire pressure you running?
4.10's with a 26x 8.5x15 slicks and a Powergilde.I run 13 psi in the slicks ...

This article here might help to shed some light on your situation.

If it were me, I'd invest in S/S springs at a minimum. They have the extra leaf that in theory is supposed to counteract the torsional rotation form the driveline torquing over and unloading the driver's side tire which may be causing your sideways motion. If you have worn out springs this will be magnified when the tires hit. Do you have a torque strap on the engine? Frame connectors? All bushings and mounts good?

FYI, ESPO makes decent H.D. springs for like $200, U.S. made too. You can ask to get them arched 2" over stock for clearance issues. I had them on my old '65 Valiant, worked good.

-
Back