Lifter quality "food for thought"

-
The quality control these days is just out the window the suppliers and/or the manufacturers DO NOT care anymore, all the corporate uppers are interested in is the profits. It seems their basic thought pattern is "Screw the consumer, we'll just sell more merchandise".

Having crapanium re-faced.....still leaves you with crapanium.

As I have said, forever, it seems if you want reliable lifters, have 25+ yr old lifters re-faced.....

Having crapanium re-faced.....still leaves you with crapanium.

As I have said, forever, it seems if you want reliable lifters, have 25+ yr old lifters re-faced.....
OR find some 25 year old or older NOS lifters. I agree. However, I very recently had great success with some NEW Melling lifters from Summit. I got the damned cheapest ones they had. $4.99 a piece and they worked perfect. That was AFTER a failed set of expensive Crower Cam Saver lifters wouldn't stop ticking when hot. They broke in fine, but all 16 were noisy when hot. I drove it probably 500 or more miles and said screw it and tore back into it and put the Mellings in. So far, over 2500 miles on it and it's quiet as a mouse cold or hot and runs great. Melling for the win!

This is one of the foremost reasons cams are going flat these days IMO

That begs the question, "Who is running the machine that grinds the lifter?" Some gearhead, or a prius driving noodlearm skinnyjeans wearing cry closet college kid?

This is one of the foremost reasons cams are going flat these days IMO

The dude's voice is a bit different from what I'm used to hearing but the real problem......

Vertical vid.gif

Vertical videos SUCK and the fix for it is so simple! Turn the damn phone sideways. WE all grew up with TVs and movie screens that were WIDER than they are tall, yet some dipshit invents a phone with a vertical/portrait picture angle as the default setting and too many idiots are not smart enough to adapt to it.

That begs the question, "Who is running the machine that grinds the lifter?" Some gearhead, or a prius driving noodlearm skinnyjeans wearing cry closet college kid?
I think we can guess.

The dude's voice is a bit different from what I'm used to hearing but the real problem......

View attachment 1716115119
Vertical videos SUCK and the fix for it is so simple! Turn the damn phone sideways. WE all grew up with TVs and movie screens that were WIDER than they are tall, yet some dipshit invents a phone with a vertical/portrait picture angle as the default setting and too many idiots are not smart enough to adapt to it.
Preach it brother! ......and you caint TELL people that. They SLAP won't listen! Ain't that right, @Stephen Hotz ? LMAO

Send them out and have them resurfaced and coated.
I have 3 sets of hdy lifters sitting here from 25 plus years ago.
But would still like to send them to get checked and coated. Fur Insurace. What thet coat WITH? And Who does it.
My only 2 extra cams are a custom Comp from 20-25 years ago 240-250 ish @fitty was for anotger guys 408 street thst he never did so gave me the cam.
And need solids fur a Engle 240/252 560-570 or so lift very close to this.i had a new one made cuz lost the other one. Then found after had the new one. Bought Comp Camms solids last time as Engle was out.
(Note) that's how ya find stuff. Buys ya another one.so now gotta spare cam no SOLID lifters.
Who, what, where fur good solids that may not brake my piggy bank
Local guy (chevy) said just use 273 ones from Rockauto (hey he's a chevy guy and aint his motor.)

20230210_121945.jpg

There is no coating on FT lifters. If you some that are 25 yrs old, not rusty, they are good to use. Perhaps spray some WD-40 into them, then a few drops of light engine oil to make sure the inner piston moves freely.

You can convert hyd lifters to sol lifters by removing the bits underneath the inner piston [ a spring & valving ]. Replace with steel washers to get the correct height. You now have sol lifters.

-
Back