Lightning storm under the hood with pic.

-

375inStroke

Reaction score
Car sputters when I get on it. *Plug wires looked OK. *Not dry burnt, or cracked. *Hard to find a dark spot anywhere in the city, but finally found one dark enough to see sparks, I kid you not, up to 3 feet long, traveling the length of the plug wires, and jumping from the high tension lead on the coil to both positive and negative posts.

_DSC6053.jpg

Go to a local cruise spot, raise the hood and charge admission......take the $$ from the show and buy new wires.....

Ill send you 5 bucks if you post a video of you touching it while running? :shaking2: :shock:

I don't pretend to be a professional mechanic, but I'll bet she runs better after new wires are put on!
C

Reminds me of 1969 when the Kawasaki 500 3 cyl. 2-strokes came out with the high output CDI ignition system.

At night it looked like somebody was arc welding with the plug wires.

Don't know if you can still get these but, back in the day you could get a clear distributor cap and watch the arcing from the rotor to the distributor cap points. Looked cool.

New plug wires. Same thing. Napa sux. Have FireCore 250 on the way. You can run your hand along the wires and see the electricity jump to your hand and not feel anything. Kind of like those Eye of the Storm glass globes with the plasma inside.

If the high tension tower is leaking by onto the coil +/- a new wire may not help. There is probably gonna be a carbon track on the coil tower.

-
Back