Lights Flickering

-

mikeyb0013

Reaction score
Guys,

My 74 Dart is being tempremental. My Volt gauge is bouncing around and when the lights are on it looks like Studio 54 on a Saturday night. I changed the voltage regulator and checked the alternator which seemed to be putting out the right charge. I was told that the gauge sometimes starts to go and that the full current of the system runs through that gauge.

Any thoughts on all of this, anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks

Mike

99% of the time it's the firewall connector. The blades get hot and cool down over the years and then get loose. You have to remove them clean them and bend the blades a little to make good contact.

Good luck

where exactly is all that?

99% of the time it's the firewall connector. The blades get hot and cool down over the years and then get loose. You have to remove them clean them and bend the blades a little to make good contact.

Good luck

Good luck

Thanks I will try that this week.

I never thought about the firewall connections.. My Dart has been doing this forever it seems.. I too replaced the voltage regulator (twice now), replaced the altenator, even disconnected the factory gauge altogether, and running an aftermarket volt gauge.. just to have the flickering continue.. Guess when the Darts apart this winter I will look into the firewall connection..

-
Back