Lightweight Steel Drag Wheels On A Budget

-
The Bassets?
The ones I’m using are not. Strictly for the drag strip in my application. If I wanted to run them on the street I have no worries.

From their FAQ:

I'd like to put Bassett Racing Wheels on my street car. Are all your wheels safe for street use?
We do not recommend using any Bassett Racing Wheel on the street except those specifically stamped DOT. While all Bassett Racing Wheels have been rotary fatigue tested to withstand incredible cornering loads, the Unitied States Department of Transportation regulates on-highway wheel standards. A wheel must have a minimum shell material thickness of .125" and fit a Tire and Rim Association profile gauge in order to be stamped DOT. Bassett Racing Wheels are primarily used for closed course racing and as such are designed to be the lightest possible. Most of our wheel rim shells use material that is less than .125". Our rim shell profiles are designed to build a variety of backspaces and make tire mounting / dismounting easier, so most do not conform to Tire and Rim Association DOT profiles. To view Bassett DOT wheels,

Last edited:
Still waiting on the cheap draglight deals???
A personal example I picked up 2 15 by 3.5 with tires for $200.00 a couple months later 15 by 10s with brand new tires for $150.00. (cragars forged version, which is exactly the same)
That is an example of "extremely cheap draglites" deals & this was 4 years ago If I remember correctly

-
Back