Like I need a hole in my head

-

player1up

Reaction score
So look what followed me home....

88 Mosler Consulier GTP-LX 2.2L turbo chrysler engine , 22nd car produced. Cruise control and A/C !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consulier_GTP

Not an A-body, but at least mopar powered...

Couldn't let this one pass me up. I grew up in Palm Beach county and saw these on the roads when they were new, so when the chance came up to get one, I jumped on it

I know the wheels gotta go, but it's still cool
View attachment white burgundy (Small).jpg

Me and the Consulier just after purchase
View attachment photo (2) (Small).JPG

This is what it says right next to the VIN... LOL
View attachment 20130614_164907 (Small).jpg

In the driveway
View attachment 20130614_195829 (Small).jpg
View attachment 20130614_195803 (Small).jpg

Check out that rad 80's interior... ;)

View attachment 20130614_104606 (Small).jpg

BUT I need this like I need a hole in the head....:sign3:

Well I bet you will be the only person in the neighborhood with one..... Cool looking ride

This 1990 MOSLER CONSULIER GTP - TARGA LX - was just on eBay.

$T2eC16J,!w0E9szN((VeBRnG)w8LOQ~~60_3.JPG

Cool! Back in the late 80's I used to go to a dealer that sold Consuliers in Jupiter. I admit drooling a bit. :)

I definitely wouldn't do an engine swap on that car myself... that's a rare car. Very cool too, and definitely has that '80s vibe! I think this is a great find. I'd leave it as close to stock as possible, but that's me.

wow ...i never knew such a car even existed till now......the odds of finding something that rare means you might try your luck on a lotto ticket too. :D

thats a rare car....a superbird has nothing on that car as far as rarity

They're light, well balanced, and IIRC 200+ HP.

If you really want to you can get another 100+ HP out of that motor!

One of the guys involved with that project used to hang out in my neck of the woods, occasionally.

Kit car ?

I saw a couple of months ago an unassembled Aztec 7 for sale..first car I wanted to build when I was 16..i was amazed they still existed..

Grassy

There is ugly and then there is.....
The car got into the 50 worst cars of all time based on looks alone! oh well, I'm not too concerned, I'm a bit eccentric ;)

I definitely wouldn't do an engine swap on that car myself... that's a rare car. Very cool too, and definitely has that '80s vibe! I think this is a great find. I'd leave it as close to stock as possible, but that's me.

No engine swap, going to keep it stock, probably not even going to fix everything, kind of cool to leave it in "bard find" condition I think.

wow ...i never knew such a car even existed till now......the odds of finding something that rare means you might try your luck on a lotto ticket too. :D

thats a rare car....a superbird has nothing on that car as far as rarity

Well, I think I used up all of my luck for a long time to come. And, Yes, very rare car, KBB and classic car trader don't even list the car....now lets see if I can get it insured....
Neat. please tell us more about it.

Kit car ?

I saw a couple of months ago an unassembled Aztec 7 for sale..first car I wanted to build when I was 16..i was amazed they still existed..

Grassy
It's not a kit car, but built very much like one.
Chassis is custom but everything else appears to be off the autoparts store shelves.

That Aztec reminds me of a cross between a delorean and a pantera

I got to talk to the Rossion owner and spend some time in the shop where they build the MT900. Even got to talk to one of the guys that built them back in the day. Super nice people and some beautiful cars.

I like the fact that you probably will not see yourself coming down the road..cool.

My brother in law was making a lot of woods buggies so he could have helped me with the kit..and I agree with you.

Enjoy !

ian.

Dude! That thing is sweet!! I'd of bought it, it would get TONS of attention here at Houston Coffee and Cars! What'd you end up getting it for?

The car got into the 50 worst cars of all time based on looks alone! oh well, I'm not too concerned, I'm a bit eccentric ;)

Please don't take what I said as an insult, it was just my opinion. As long as you are jazzed by it that is all that matters.

Just wondering if you ever got it insured.....and if so by whom? Would imagine most insurance companies would be like "A WHAT?"

-
Back