Lil Demon build up

-

Lil Demon

Reaction score
I bought my 1971 Demon about 4 years ago and it's been sitting since. I own a high volume collision repair center and it's hard to get your stuff done when so much is going on. I decided to finally get on it. My car is only getting older and well I am too. I had it blasted to see what I had to work with.

Body:
Looks like I only need lower quarter panel patches, and some good body work to repair various dents and drill holes.

Drivetrain:
I'm building up a solid flat 340 with Aluminum heads and will be using FiTech EFI. I will be backing it up with a Viper T56 and 3.91 rear.

Pics of my progress:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Set it up on frame machine for easy access to install US Car Tool subframe connectors and box reinforcements

Just wanted to post an update on my restoration project. Car got out of the paint booth today. Looking great in my eyes. Now just have to start slapping it all together. As far as my 340, got the shortblock built just have to install the heads and measure for pushrod length. Step by step, getting closer.

DSCN2627.JPG

DSCN2628.JPG

DSCN2631.JPG

Nice. After hand wire wheeling and sanding on mine, I am going to soda blast the next time!
The only setback to soda blasting is the mess it makes every where else. Mud build up everywhere makes it difficult to clean up the vehicle afterward

Finished reassembly of the body panels and mocked up the twin snorkel hood. Going to try and get bumpers,grille,lamps on before the week is over.

DSCN2685.JPG

DSCN2686.JPG

DSCN2688.JPG

DSCN2689.JPG

DSCN2691.JPG

Whats the Paint code on this?
It is paint code 8T7 (alt H). I did several spray outs of the PB5 and could not get the hue I was looking for. It was either too gray or purple. If you notice in one of the pics you can see the package tray (rear speaker panel) is still in the PB5 which looks purple.

Thanks for the comments guys! Yeah I definitely waited too long. I am taking advantage of a little dry spell in work flow. I even started work on my Cuda which has sat for over 7 years!!!

DSCN2677.JPG

Front disc brake conversion is next. Will take advantage and remove K-member to notch it for oil pan clearance, degrease and put some fresh paint on it.

DSCN2692.JPG

DSCN2695.JPG

Barely got back on it. Waiting on pushrods to get here next week to close up the engine and install it along with k member and front suspension and upgraded front disc brakes. After that I need to start fabwork for T56 swap. Thanks for asking.

IMG_7225.JPG

I also had to modify the K-member to clear the oil pan. I can not find the pictures but when I cut it open it was packed solid with oil soaked dirt. Looked like an archeological dig as you could see the different layers of soil. We decided to weigh it and after we emptied it of all the soil that was packed in the K member it literally weighed 32 lbs less!! That's a lot of dirt. Took the opportunity to reinforce factory welds and a fresh coat of paint.

Wow 32 lbs, how much money/work is spent shedding weight by way of other swaps/removals on our cars, that is one low buck and rewarding spring cleaning exercise. Car is looking awesome, keep it up, great inspiration for others.

We decided to weigh it and after we emptied it of all the soil that was packed in the K member it literally weighed 32 lbs less!! That's a lot of dirt.

Great car & project. The above is one take-away that I have never heard stated before ANYWHERE!

Subscribing...

Nice work. 32 pounds? That's like the 5 pounds of gunk from each side of the trunk gutters when they were opened up. Even a dinner fork in there.

Had a little extra time at the shop so we started to install engine and front suspension. Hopefully we can mock up the T56 before weeks end

IMG_2191.JPG

-
Back