Lincoln Electric Mig-Pak 15 for $500?

-

moparfreak77

Reaction score
I went to Canadian Tire tonight and they had a Lincoln Electric Mig-Pak 15 (220v) on clearance for $500, worth $750. The only thing is it's the only one and it's the display model. They said they couldn't find the box so whatever comes with it is gone. It does come with the Trigger Cable(?) thats it. I think it is supposed to have a spool of wire, tips, a welding shield and not sure what else. Does this seem like a good deal? Is it a good welder? What do I need to make it run on gas? I hear that the welds are much better on gas. ANY info would be great as they are holding it for me and I need to call them tomorrow. thanks

I don't know, but I do know that Home Depot sells a lot of Lincoln parts and they're really good quality, brand name welders. You can also haggle with them, ask to speak to the manager of the tools department. I bought my welder that way. It's just a little crappy 4 setting wire feed Lincoln but it does everything I need. It was opened and obviously had been used...I made them an offer and the guy took it!

My dad ran a weld shop, Lincoln is a good brand and you should be able to get anything you need from them easily. You'll need a tank of argon/co2 for the gas...down here things are a little expensive. A good mask should be around 100.00, maybe cheaper. Wire isn't that bad...call Lincoln to get the size for you're tip. Practice on anything you can to get the feel...and feed speed. It's a learning curve. I worked in the shop when it was busy and I'm a bird-sh*t welder...Good luck and have fun!

Yeah, agreed on the haggling. Make sure it comes with gas regulators & the wire feed motor works. Try the manufacturer (Lincoln) site to see what should be in the package.

By The Time You Buy All The Little Parts To Go With, You Could Buy A New One.

The stuff I care about that it doesnt come with adds up to about $40-50. I don't need a helmet since I have one already. All I need are the tips and the wire. I dont think you get the gas regulator with this model.

i bought a lincoln weld pack 250 maybe 8-9 yrs ago. i didnt come with the gas feed parts so i have to use flux core but thats ok by me. dont buy the small spools. get the biggest you can, as they are alot cheaper in the long run. i paid around $500 for mine

-
Back