Line Loc /Brake Warning Light

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Will this work! Roll Control wiring install.

Two wires -black to ground and red "activation switch" to any 12V.

I was thinking..and perhaps heard of this before on the forum somewhere. Could I just "tap" into my Brake Warning Light wire? My EM brake "or" port valve has 12V sitting there and if the fluid level were to drop, it would get grounded out showing the warning light at the cluster. So if I were to "tap" into this wire with a "roll contol switch" the warning light on the cluster should come on when activated and ground...? wouldn't it???

Reason: I don't really want to drill any extra holes for more lights in the car.

how ya gonna get the wire in the interior for the switch if ya don't wanna drill any more holes? Find a nice switched 12v under the dash and wire it up correctly.

I see where you're coming from Signet as you already have the 12v source at the emergency brake switch so you wouldn't have to drill anymore holes. The only problem is that all the juice for the roll control solnoid would have to pass through the light itself as the light would effectively be acting as a resistor.

To do it right, you could find a switched 12v source as mentioned before, run it to your switch, then to your roll control solonoid. If you wanted to add a light, you could tap off the roll control side of the switch and ground the other terminal of the light.

Hope this helps.

ramcharger said:
I see where you're coming from Signet as you already have the 12v source at the emergency brake switch so you wouldn't have to drill anymore holes. The only problem is that all the juice for the roll control solnoid would have to pass through the light itself as the light would effectively be acting as a resistor.

To do it right, you could find a switched 12v source as mentioned before, run it to your switch, then to your roll control solonoid. If you wanted to add a light, you could tap off the roll control side of the switch and ground the other terminal of the light.

Hope this helps.

Maybe I'm not clear enough.... :scratch:

I don't have a problem drilling or finding a hole under the bulkhead from the roll control to the switch....It's their "on light" that came with the kit I don't want to use or drill into the dash! I "want" to use cluster's "warning" light as the roll control light instead! I understand there would be a restistance throw the cluster warning light "when" activated, but wouldn't it be the same thing or resistance their bulb? (which I really don't want).

69signetv8 said:
Maybe I'm not clear enough.... :scratch:
I understand there would be a restistance throw the cluster warning light "when" activated, but wouldn't it be the same thing or resistance their bulb? (which I really don't want).

No it wouldn't because their light would be wired as I had mentioned above. If you try to pull juice through the existing light, and light burns out, you have a failure too. No fun at the strip.

I understand you don't want to drill a hole in the dash for another light, if you don't smoke, maybe you could make a tip out panel that fits in the ash tray? I've seen hidden nitrous switches and lights done this way and I think it's pretty dang trick.

If I understand you right you want the Brake light on the dash to come on when you activate the Line lock instead of using the bulb that comes with it ? Thats how I plan on hooking mine up. My friend did that in his Vega.

The problem is that the wire from the distribution block to the dash light is a ground and the wire for the line lock solenoid is 12v so they are not compatible. You need to use an insulated ground solenoid, here is a sketch how it would work.

Chuck

scan0001.jpg

OK, Thanks alot for the sketch and good information guys. I think that's what I will look at doing.

Happy Camper!!

When I wired mine according to the directions that came with it, the in dash light automaticaly came on when i hit the button.

onehellofadart said:
When I wired mine according to the directions that came with it, the in dash light automaticaly came on when i hit the button.

The world of physics...is that because your PD valve feels there's a differance in the line pressures between the front and back so the light go's on?

Maybe, it also depends on what kind of PD Valve you have in your system upgrades. I'm still talking "stock" 10" shoes, orginal master and PD Valve.

69signetv8 said:
The world of physics...is that because your PD valve feels there's a differance in the line pressures between the front and back so the light go's on?

I believe that is correct. Yes it is the stock PDV

onehellofadart said:
I believe that is correct. Yes it is the stock PDV

Thanks Tony, I will hook it up without the kit bulb first and see if mine comes on :headbang:

-
Back