Line lock on clutch flight

-

B.R.E.Demon

Reaction score
I have been throwing around the idea of using a clutchflight in front of my new small block instead of the roller 904 that is in the car now, as a way of leaving harder and hopefully cutting my 60s down. The theory I have is to use the clutchflight with a hydraulic throw out bearing with a line lock between the master cylinder (hurst airheart) and the bearing so to get the launch of a standard but the consistency of an auto. Let me know what you think of this idea FYI it's doing 1.35 in the 60ft

wouldn't be just as good to get a transbrake,clutchflite replaced racers back in the 60s because they use to netraul drop,because there was no high stall convertos,i heard to many clutchflites blow up,a trans brake is like leaving like a clutch

The car is leaving on the t break now with an 8" 5500 stall converter

ok ,didn't know you had a brake,im sure you can wind a clutchflite past 5500,but the end result may not be what your looking for as in damage parts,keep us posted if you go this route,might want to do a lot of homework,there out there

I would do a lenco or doug nash before a clutchflite,i had a time bomb 727 go off on me and parts and oil in the car,so I know how that goes

0524100827.jpg

Ok thanks I wasn't trying to be rude I'm sorry if it was. a little bit more info there is a car up here in new England that really runs a 416 with a lenco and a similar clutch setup I just wanted to see what were you thoughts. Look up lenco duster on you tube this thing really moves

Been running clutchflites for many years on and off. Been 8s with one. Never grenaded one. Still use my original one actually. Lotta fun to drive...
IMG655.jpg

2.45 gear sucks. If ya put a low gearset,2.77? be a different story.

yrs ago when we were run umtr in there street stick with our amc , i thought of a clutchflight for the dart and they said no ??? but you allow lenco and jerico and gforse stuff :mob:

Ran my c/f in my big block 69 dart. Did it cause I could. Had all the parts lying around. Cept the driveshaft. Now all the c/f adaptors I seen (not a whole bunch) fit horribly. Thats the plate in front of the oil pump. That the bell housing bolts to. I spent some time and improved the fit to my liking. Biggest failure I have had was I over ran the over run clutch.
small3.jpg

I ran a 904 Clutch flight in my Front Engine Dragster for years never gave it a second thought. 727 blow up not 904's. I have just built a new FED to go racing after a 30 year brake and was going to use a clutch flight but couldn't fit in a pedal. Way better than being stuck with a converter and then needing all the electronic stuff to get away from the line.
Cheers

Your 60' is quite respectable. Now do you want a quicker 60 or a car that reacts quicker to the drivers button release or pedal sidestep?

That is the other side of the coin I thought about the car weighs in at 2910 with driver so I am thinking about some more weight reduction to make the car work better

-
Back