line lock

-

demon71

Reaction score
looking for anyone that has put a line lock on their car with front drums brakes not going to have time to change over till this winter when i change frnts to disk and both ends to 4.5 bolt pattern. the problem i have is the drums wont hold the car . kinda hard when racing and the car still lunges forward. another does any one know if the line locks can be adjusted to hold more psi. i have a b&m with a nut on the top that seems like it turns for ever before it starts to get tight thought maybe that might adjust it might have to play with it a little more with a few more burnout in my alley to find out

You should have left the adjuster screw where it was and find your self a set of fully metalic brake shoes for the front and the rear,your problem is more that your front shoes are not holding the car and not the line lock,Mrmopartech

I am unsure about the B&M line lock but I have a Hurst roll control and the nut just holds the actuation coil on the valve it is not an adjuster (the nut has super fine threads). As far as the brake lining is concerned organic linings (non-metallic) will hold better then metallic linings when the shoes are cold and metallic linings will have better holding & stopping power than organic linings when they warm up. On my race car I have organic linings on the front and metallic linings on the rear. This way I have the holding power up front when the brakes are cold but the stopping power in back when the brakes warm up. It's like a built in proportioning valve that puts more stopping power to the rear (when my brakes warm up) which is what I want because of the large size of the slicks compared to the small size of my front tires. I do not recommend doing this on a street car though, you should stay with like materials front & back (at least in a drum application). If it is a street car and you deside on metallic linings (which are better linings) just heat them up a bit and then they will hold better than the organics.

my brake system isn't quite the best. if i push the pedal down and hit the lock it wont hold. but a quick pump and then full pressure...it will lock and hold all day. i have discs though for wiw.

thanks guys: was pretty sure it was the shoes but thought maybe to combo of maybe low psi in the lock and drum system it is a street car mostly but like to 1/4 mile a few times a year will try the metalic shoes and see what happens thanks again. once again i am fairly new here and have found this site awsome i am on every nite now

demon71

-
Back