Line size

-

Mopower71

Speed Demon
Reaction score
What would you recommed for line size if I were to use braided line.
And would you recomend using AN Stainless Braided Line.
Should I bypass the cooler built into the radiator. Right now I have it routed from the tranny to the radiator then to a cooler in front of the radiator then back to the tranny.
And Last if you could. Get a price and part list together to do a rebuild on a s/b 727. and the cost of a prebuilt e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks
Norm
Are we keeping you busy enough? :D
Thanks for the help

Hi Norm,

For your cooling lines, 6AN fittings and hoses would work well. I would recommend the braided hose over conventional rubber. Rubber hose clamps can sometimes be pesky as far as leaks and drips go. I've also seen racers lose a round of racing because they had a rubber tranny cooling line pop off. On the fittings that go into the case, make sure you get the 1/8"NPT (pipe thread) on one end with the 6AN male end on the other.

Running your cooling lines to the radiator and then to an additional cooler is a good idea. If you build a new tranny you may want to incorporate a gauge with the sending unit in the pan to monitor your transmission fluid temperature, and get an idea of how adequate your transmission cooling system is.

Chris

-
Back