Linkage for s6/904 to 360/727

-

wafastr

Reaction score
I am doing the s6 to 360 swap in a 70 Dart, column shift. I have the original s6/904 column shift linkage, chassis to trans cross linkage bar, and a throttle cable/trans bell crank bracket and the threaded kickdown link from a v8 with the upper bell crank set. As for the kickdown linkage, I need the vertical link that snaps onto the upper bell crank pivot, the lower bell crank, and the linkage from the lower bell crank to the 727. For shifting the trans, I would need the necessary linkage from the column to the chassis mounted cross bar to the trans., not sure if the original s6/904 cross linkage bar will work for a 727. Will any of my existing parts work, or will I need to find everything for a 70 Dart 340/727/auto/column shift? Thanks in advance FABO friends.

Wafastr, welcome. I would use shift linkage from a v-8, 904. Some modifications are necessary but not difficult. I am going through this now and it is working out fine. The kickdown and throttle links are another story. The factory stuff is o.k. but the Loker products are superior in every way and i s much more tidy. PM me if you need further details. Good luck, Tom

Thanks, I was considering the Lokar products, just need to look more closely at them. Original stuff is getting harder to find in good shape. JIM

I did this swap on my 71 duster, and all the stock /6-904 shifter linkages worked perfectly, but I did need to adjust the very last section of it (though not outside of the adjustment build into it)

for the kickdown, I used a local setup

-
Back