Liquid fart, in a crack

-
I will elaborate since i am an aircraft sheetmetal mechanic. The numbers 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 12, 24 are pot life after mixing. 1/4 is 15 minutes, 1 is 1 hour etc. Heat speeds it up, cold slows it down. Then theres A,B,C types of sealant

A is very watery and brushable. Usually comes in 1/4 or 1/2 work times. The brush strokes you put in it smooth right out. (This makes a great external seam sealer for autobody seams).

B is thick ****. Comes in 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2 work times. This is perfect as circlepilot said for fuel tanks and such. Can be brushed on, usually fits in a PRC tube caulking gun w a screw on tip to apply. In my line of work, we use the B for edge sealing or fillet repairs.

C is brushable and has a viscosity thats thicker than A but thinner than B. However C has 12 and 24 hour pot life. C is typically used between parts as a fay sealant. The 12 and 24 hour work lifes on this stuff allow for a large area repair to be installed and no worry about it drying up before the rivets are all installed. (I use C 12 for interior floorpan seam sealer).

The best way to use these products to have good looking results is to mask off where you are applying the product, apply it, and remove the masking tape while sealant is still wet. Also thoroughly mixing up the sealant so theres no streaks of ummixed material in it ensures it will dry.

Hey! Moparmat2000...Same here, Aircraft Structural Repair...55 years and still at it. :thumbsup:

Yep, been rockin the rivets and drills for 25 years now. I find that the most satisfying thing for me is driving a rivet tail flat using an obnoxiously loud air tool. Doing lots of wifi installs in brand new EMB 175s. I joke with my friends and say i go to work to drill holes in brand new perfectly good airplanes lol.

Yep, been rockin the rivets and drills for 25 years now. I find that the most satisfying thing for me is driving a rivet tail flat using an obnoxiously loud air tool. Doing lots of wifi installs in brand new EMB 175s. I joke with my friends and say i go to work to drill holes in brand new perfectly good airplanes lol.
:thumbsup: Been working GA since I retired from the Air Force in 87. Got my own place in 96, My son runs it now and I'm like the old man on pawn stars, but more hands on. Still cold where you are?

Yep bad **** if you grind on it, or sand on it. I just wear a tyvek apron, gloves and a respirator if i have to do that.

Cold where i'm at ?? **** it was 95° today. Mild cold front went thru dropped it to 75° this evening.

-
Back