List of resin body makers

-

64ragtop

Reaction score
I checked a couple of links in some modelling posts and was disappointed in their offerings. Does anyone know of a list of resin body kit makers.
Seems like "once upon a time" I saw an early Dodge Dart ('63 - '65) body kit, but it may have been a brain fa - - uh senior moment. Thanks!

BC

There is a resin kit for the '65 Dart GT . I'd already own it , but it doesn't come with the glass , and without being able to hold it in my hands , don't know if I have anything that would work .

Thanks, jamesdaytona,

That may be the one I was remembering. Do you have a source for it?

Related subject: how many makers of body kits for models that don't have full kits from the big makers are there?

BC

I had another member send me this resin to build for him and tada

i did not like the look of the keystones

Been building models for 40 years. If you see resin today, buy it and build it later. Cause if you go to buy it later to build it, it won't be there!

Here is a Signet convert I built for my friend. This car was built from a 66 Barracuda Funny car and a 65 Valiant Signet. I used the actual paint from his restoration. I used 66 NewYorker Hub Caps cause that is what he had on it. It even had a photo reduced Title laying in the back seat. Can you tell which one is the 1:1 version?

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 327
  • LeftOverall.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 359
There is a resin kit for the '65 Dart GT . I'd already own it , but it doesn't come with the glass , and without being able to hold it in my hands , don't know if I have anything that would work .
I have used the clear plastic from cake boxes, the "window" in doll boxes, etc. Success depends on the amount of curvature you need, thickness of the plastic, and your determination.

Biggest issue to ME building resin models, is that they typically have no chrome, bumpers/grilles, and as of yet I haven't seen one that had decent grille detail.. But for some cars, like a 70 swinger, its your only option. I really cant believe no model maker ever released a 1/25 scale 70-72 Dart

The guy that did the original 65 Dart in Resin is no longer alive. For the life of me I can't think of the guys name at the moment. I have one of these actually. Not very good quality, requiring a lot of work to build. Mine came with vacuum formed glass and an interior plus a promo style chassis. This is a stock 65 Dart. Altered States did the 65 AFX/Long nose dart. Some one else may have done one also but the AS ones are beautiful. Of course no chassis, interior, or glass as this is a body only. If I can find my 65 I'll post some pics up of it. I've seen a resin repop of the original 63 Valiant kit. I don't know who's it was though and I never bought one since I have an original unbuilt mint kit of one.
*edit*
The 63 I thought I had is actually a 60 Valiant. Also the stock 65 dart resin kit I have was made by Ray Parsons of R&R Vacuum Craft. His wife may be still casting some of the stuff but i doubt it. Buyer beware, it can be rough. I would buy any R&R stuff in person and inspect what your getting.
Paul

Very few resin companies have the chrome actually chromed but they are out there. For chrome there are plating services such as Little Motor Car Company, The owner Dale Horner does excellent work. Without sending the parts out to a plating service the next best thing is Alclad. It's not real durable but it holds up pretty good. You do have to have an airbrush to apply it though. Mira Chrome comes in cans but it's expensive. To do a 70 Swinger you can start with an LA Dart kit. This and the rare Petty short track car are the only 70-72 dart bodies I know of. The Petty one would require lots of work to turn it into a stock dart though. I need to find another LA Dart kit so I can graft the 70ish specific parts onto a 68/69 body making a corrected 70 and later dart that uses the current Revell parts.
One that I forgot and rarer than the Petty kit is the Ramchargers F/C. I think it and the LA dart shared bodies but the Ramchargers car had a truck lid and I think the LA dart body originated from the Ramcharger body, missing the truck for the rear engine.

Biggest issue to ME building resin models, is that they typically have no chrome, bumpers/grilles, and as of yet I haven't seen one that had decent grille detail.. But for some cars, like a 70 swinger, its your only option. I really cant believe no model maker ever released a 1/25 scale 70-72 Dart

To join that model cars forums, its a ***** to make an account it kept telling me, "Challenge Question is invalid" so I said piss on it, I made 10 attempts!

Been building models for 40 years. If you see resin today, buy it and build it later. Cause if you go to buy it later to build it, it won't be there!

Here is a Signet convert I built for my friend. This car was built from a 66 Barracuda Funny car and a 65 Valiant Signet. I used the actual paint from his restoration. I used 66 NewYorker Hub Caps cause that is what he had on it. It even had a photo reduced Title laying in the back seat. Can you tell which one is the 1:1 version?

That is awesome!!! Got any more pictures?

Yes here are a few. Larry, the guy I did it for, gave this kit back to me on one of his last days. I spent months building it, but I can't look at it without remembering him. RIP Larry.

Attachments

• Dash.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 218
  • Dash5ft.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 233
  • 66ValLtTrunk.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 261
  • RtTrunkIn.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 66ValTrunkLid.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 66ValQuartersIn.jpg