Little bit of a rant about Mopar heads...

-
A friend of mine's dad, who used to race both strip and circle track told me: "Any kind of racing, Grudge Racing to Nascar, is all just about who can cheat the most without getting caught." And that made me think of another quote: "The term cheating is only relevant when one is caught, otherwise it's viewed as intelligence."

One of the products I've been planning to offer once I get my foundry started are Counterfeit parts, in particular, Parts with identical appearance to factory units, right down to casting numbers, but with better flowing ports and geometries and stuff. (ahh, I can dream can't I?)

Edit: Oops, sorry for the Necropost, I wasn't paying attention to how old this thread was. :violent2:

Well, I also forgot a more thread-relevant question, Has anyone had cracked heads welded up? I don't get why you can't grind the crack out, take some Ni 99's, preheat, weld, postheat, (Like you're supposed to welding cast iron) And have the seats redone. It may crack again someday, but if it's cast iron, it'll crack eventually no matter what you do.

I have had really good luck w 587s came on 72-73 340s as well as 360s around the same time frame. Have some 2.02 valves installed w some bowl and port work. Plane them .020 or better to bump your compression up a little and go for the gold. If you cant beat the cheaters you might as well join them.

If any of you guys actually believe that Stocker heads are not ported I have a really nice bridge for sale. Some nice land in the Everglades too. lol

I'm not going to say what goes on here on the forum but let's just suffice to say that any Stocker running the record or close to it is NOT using an as cast port.
That's right. The only "Stockers" that aren't cheating are the slow ones.

-
Back