Little issue (btw. any super 6 stuff not ur not using?)

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hello, I havn't driven my car for some a while becuz my mother isnt using her car much so I am lol

The dart smells a lil above nromal from exhaust fumes, I think it could be the exhaust manifold, i though I saw a crack. Also there is alot of exahust black deposit on the ground made from the exhaust coming out on the tail pipe, not too much though, what does that mean?

I was thinking if I'm gonna replace the exh. manifold I might as well ask,

ANY ONE HAS A SUPER SIX SETUP OR PARTS FOR THE SETUP THAT YOU WNT BE USING? I DONT HAVE MONEY NOW BUT ID MIGHT ASWELL START ASKING, NOT LOOKING TO SPEND TOO MUCH THOUGH, JUST WANT THE CAR RUNNING MY MOTHER WILL BE USING HER CAR AGAIN SOON.

ALSO, THE DART STARTING DIENG ON ME WHILE DRIVING IT HAPPENS WHEN ITS ALL WORMED UP AND RAN, THEN WHEN I STOP OR GOING BELOW...10 MPH OR LESS, IT WANTS TO DIE, AND THE AMP GAUGE GOES CRAZY TOO, IS IT THE ALTERNATOR? WHAT IS IT?

THANKS MY FIRENDS!!!

Bet your coil is shot, that or your ignition box. but bet it is the coil.

had a Duster with a /6, Offy, 4brl intake, Holley 4 brl, 390 cfm if i remember correctly, MSD Blaster II coil, Mopar Performance Dist, Clifford headers duel 2" Dynomax mufflers and an H pipe, Western Auto long block, 273 gears, got 11 flat in the 1/8th, and 22 mpg around town 25 mpg on highway.

I would check my plugs. Take a couple out and compare to this chart.

http://www.dansmc.com/Spark_Plugs/Spark_Plugs_catalog.html

That'll get you going in the right direction.

Turn the motor over with the spark plug grounded and see if you got a nice blue flame when the plug fires.

The amp gauge might be going crazy because lack of RPM when the engine is dieing. Once you rev the motor and hold at a higher RPM does the amp gauge needle steady out?

A couple of the best "mods" that I've done to help idle quality is switch to the long electrode plugs ( autolite 985 or the NGK ZFRN5? i forget) look up a 2000 jeep cherokee with 4.0L. And the fuel line mod: basically moving the fuel line away from the waterpump/exhaust manifold and running it straight up from the fuel pump and over the valve cover.
I've been tinkering with my super six for a few months now and just recently got it to run normally (intake/exhaust leaks) Check out www.remflex.com for manifold gaskets, a little pricey but never have to worry about it again.

I will agree with mullinax95 on the crazy ammeter, The voltage regulator gets reference voltage from the battery, therefore when the engine slows enough for the voltage to drop, the regulator lets more voltage to the field coil of the alternator and voltage goes up at the battery causing the regulator to now throttle back the field coil = vicious cycle = wildly bouncing ammeter. Also take a look at slantsix.org, huge number of posts to sort through but there is lots of good info.

-
Back