Little things..

-

grassy

Reaction score
Folks,

Summer is coming fast and my kids are keen.

I have been fretting over our crate 360. I know it has been sitting for over 2 years and all I didn't want to do was to shoe horn the engine in and have it not work so I have been looking at building a engine stand..even bought a good set of plans..since I have ceramic headers I knew I could not use them to do the break in with them so I bought a set of manifolds..

I have been looking hard for MOPAR folks around here w/o much luck...it is almost a closed society down here but I caught a break and found one guy ..which lead to another and I found a motor guy here, a guy that is big into MOPARS but I gather he builds a lost of NASCAR engines etc...so he is going to do the break in and dyno it..then i will go the next step..long story..I was given directions but I ended up griding back in forth..stoped and talkd to a dude and found the guy lived next door ! You would never know that there was a massive machine shop there..walking in I had a OMG moment..

I gather I have an electronic ignition. Can anyone give me a direction to buy spark plugs, wires, fuel hose and water hoses..what to I hold my valve covers done with..bolts or tall spinny things and do you have a wire holder..or sorter...I need a fuel filter..anything else ??

Thanks
Ian.

Grassy you could always take it up to armstrongs,they're not to far from you.

That is who I an talking about..been in his shop ??? I cannot believe how clean everything i...but I need that stuff before I take it to him..

I am also using Roode to check our our work on our 83/4 and to pop in two kits for our 727.

I looked all around and I could nor beg, borrow or rent the most important tool for ripping the trans apart so figured Roode to be the best choice..besides, he is a really nice guy and I haven't heard a bad thing against either..nice to be living down here even though I have to buy all my stuff from the 'states..

I guy no one has an opinion on sparkies . wires..etc..heck, not even sure I need a coil with this electronic stuff..

BTW, do you know when you are heading home ? Going to make Moncton ?

Might not make Moncton,we're trying to get the place here ready to go,and I have bought another car(77 Roadrunner) so I have to pick it up in Ont.Roode's(Reg?) has done alot of work on Pictou County cars and I've never heard a bad thing about him,service is excellant according to local guys.Alan and John have been around a long time and will not steer you wrong,real good work,just check out their cars,beautiful stuff,they will likely be narrowing my 8.75 housing and installing new perches.You are very lucky to live that close to these guys.Your Duster is lookin great by the way,I'll be bringing the Dart down sometime this summer.If you are in Middleton one or two streets past Tim Hortons going towards Lawrencetown on the right side check out the street racer Duster pretty wild.
http://dragsite.tripod.com/id8.htm For some photos of Armstrongs cars.

-
Back