little valvetrain help please

-

schnackenberg

Reaction score
Ok so this is my first engine build and I'm learning this as I go, That being said I fired it up my 360 today for the first time and it sounds pretty darn good and didn't explode. But there is a little noise coming from the valvetrain on one side.
I removed the valve covers and just cecked with my hand and it seemed that 2 of the rockers were a little wobbly and must be the cause.
I just used the old hydraulic pushrods out of the old block and old rocker arms and think this might be the problem, between decking and a different head gasket the distance must be different.
What is the best way to go about adjusting this, new adjustable pushrods or something else. Or am I way off track :scratch:

.30 over
RV cam
hydaulic lifters
ported J heads
RPM Air Gap Intake
Hooker headers

were the heads redone? valve job? you should be able to lay a straight edge across the valve tips(where the rocer arm touches them) this should be fairly level across them,there more to it than that ...stem height,assembled height maybe someone can chime in with more specifics...perhaps a set of adjustable rocker arms will be the best way to fix this

first thing i would try is pulling the rockers and reinstalling them, maybe they just didn't sit on there right the first time. adjustable rockers are expensive, but a great way to use all of your cam factory hyd you are not using it all.

thanks, how bad would it be to let something like this go for a little while?
I was looking at adjustable rockers and they are pretty expensive and i've topped my budget on this already.
I found those PRW stainless ones that seem like they might be ok

You will always have two that are loose at any giving time due to the simple fact that all the valves will never be in the closed position at the same time

-
Back