Location of Demon stripes

-

2 Darts

A-body Addicted
Reaction score
Does anyone have diagrams they can post or e-mail to me showing the exact placement of the side and tail panel stripes on a Demon? I have some good photos that I can reverse engineer from, but it would be better is I can get something precise from a body manual. (OK. I cheated. The ones on my avatar were put on with Photoshop. Now I want to do the real thing.)

Well, there is a center body line that can be seen pretty clearly in a certain light/shadow combination..............runs complete front to back........

IF your car is straight and true, you need to mark the center of the body line at the front, and again at the rear........after this, stretch a very tight string from each mark, and mark the centers on the back of the front fender, front and back of the door, and the front of the quarter. (string has to be TIGHT, with 2 guys holding it in position preferably........and use a carpenters pencil (soft lead....forgot the number) for your marks.).

After this, your side stripes will line themselves up as you go along. (they're not alive now.......you have to put them on........................I hear crickets).

The center of the stripe openings are the center marks you made.

For the rear, the decal is placed equidistant from each edge of the tails, and from the tops and bottoms.

Use a good floating spray by the way..........If you can't find some good decal spray to float with, mix about 10 parts water with one part rubbing alchy, and just a drop or 2 of dishwashing liquid. Spray it on the car liberally before you apply the decals......and keep them wet as you work them precisely into place, even if you must gently lift an edge to re-wet it. Squeegee baby, squeegee (with a FELT squeegee.....if you can't find one, go to your sign shop and ask!!!!)............if there are any nagging little bubbles you just can't seem to get out, gently prick a needle hole at the BOTTOM edge of the bubble, and force the air and solution out from top to bottom.....use your thumb to press it after you push with the squeegee.

When it's dry, you will not see the pin-pricks if you've been gentle...not at all.

I know............it's too much information for a simple question...........Just can't seem to keep my yap shut these days..........(dang wife made me this way........).

I have never seen a shop manual that shows placement other than simple pics.....but what I've said is the key to proper placement in our experience.

(I'm shuttin' up...........You other guys can talk now). 8)8)8)8)8)8)

-
Back