Location of Fender Tag

-

soonercruiser

Reaction score
Backaways, I was asking about paint codes or something on my new=to-me Barracuda, and someone asked me about the fender tag.
I said I could not find none!

YESTERDAY I found the fender tag loose in the glove box! :p
Once I get the engine painted correctly, what is the proper mounting location for that tag?

What year?

There are variations but for most it should be on the drivers inner fender near the battery... Should be two small screw holes..

Since this is posted in an Early A Body forum, my crystal ball says it's a 63 to 66.

Can't say this applies to all years

BUT..

If you want OEM realistic painting.

The bare fender tag will be attached with one screw ( typically the front most) bent up slightly and twisted counter clockwise a few degrees.

Then the paint is done and the tag is rotated back into position and the second screw is installed with no paint on it.

Screenshot_20231125-224048.png

Last edited:
That's probably true... But looking in his past posts it looks like he's had a 67 or 68.

Like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie pop.

The world may never know....

Unless the OP tells us!

Since this is posted in an Early A Body forum, my crystal ball says it's a 63 to 66.

Can't say this applies to all years

BUT..

If you want OEM realistic painting.

The bare fender tag will be attached with one screw ( typically the front most) bent up slightly and twisted counter clockwise a few degrees.

Then the paint is done and the tag is rotated back into position and the second screw is installed with no paint on it.

View attachment 1716170867
And I though I was OCD!!! :p
Just kidding.....as there will a lot on my Barracuda that is not OEM correct anyway.

Thanks for the help on this.
I got the 67 back from having the engine repainted body color. With the cleaning and repainting the dimples were more visible.
One hole was still full of paint, but the screw tip in hand punched it through.

fender tag holes.jpg

And, My huge box of screws and such had 2 nicely rusted and weathered screws to fit the bill.

fender tag mounted.jpg

And, My huge box of screws and such had 2 nicely rusted and weathered screws to fit the bill
If you are looking for real authenticity....

The left screw should be painted and the right one natural.

There is a slight crease 45deg on the ok eft corner and there should be a bit of over spray shadowing of the tag.

But yours looks good to me!

DD1 rules!

Screenshot_20240229-205656.png

-
Back