-

rick_rawker

Reaction score
Can someone look and see where the oil send unit is on a slant please. I am re-wiring after a v-8 swap. The grey wire is MIA.

its on the oil pump facing the transmission on my 69 170.

also your last line is very confusing witch prompted kuda's responses. if you would enplane what your doing you could get better ones.

As above... it is on the oil pump, just under the filter mount and facing to the rear. KK must be in a 'playful' mood this eve.... LOL

its on the oil pump facing the transmission on my 69 170.

also your last line is very confusing witch prompted kuda's responses. if you would enplane what your doing you could get better ones.

I have a basket case. The oil send unit on the 318 is at the rear. I have a 'stray wire' in the original 74 Duster 225 but it leads up to the passenger side front. The wires I am dealing with have been spliced and what should be the grey wire going to the oil send unit is 'Missing In Action'.

Thanks for your time and quote.

I did not need kudas rude remarks, just don't answer if you can't help a 59 year old gear head who is doing the best he can to get his sons car running again...

Still, no hard feelings.

Maybe........

As above... it is on the oil pump, just under the filter mount and facing to the rear. KK must be in a 'playful' mood this eve.... LOL

Right on.

Thank you, that was good needed information.

KK maintains great information and skill, and deserves our respect. He has helped more people than I have hairs left on top of my head.

Ask Joey about me, I have always been PERFECT on this site. lol.
:eek:ops:

No disrespect intended for KK...but for all we know you're totally bald ;)

whatever dude

Usually a littlle more info is needed... :banghead:

If you ask a general question, you get a general answer... :glasses7:

Luckily you got the right answer that you were looking for. :D

just peel back the factory taped covering all these wires, and find that grey oil pump wire. and remember these old cars are 40-50 years old. sometimes someone changes engine wiring harness and uses one for a SB for a slant and vise versa!!!

don't re wrap the harness with electric tape, the engine heat will booger its glue. get the tape that sticks to itself, real auto tape! to re wrap the harness.

one thing I know. these old eng wiring harnesses are so OLD an investment in a new harness will lo of times save lots of electrical problems under the hood.

just peel back the factory taped covering all these wires, and find that grey oil pump wire.

poor picture, but here is a /6 duster with a V8 swapped in it
you can see the wire your missing hovering between the #8 and #6 header

if it were mine, I would install an actual gauge so you know where the pressure is at rather then trust the dummy light though

Usually a littlle more info is needed... :banghead:

If you ask a general question, you get a general answer... :glasses7:

Luckily you got the right answer that you were looking for. :D

Like WHAT more info?? The color of the car? The weather conditions? How he felt??

His question said, can someone look and see where the oil sender is on a slant?

I took that to mean that he would like someone to tell him where the oil sender was on a slant six.

Sheezus H. Christ....why is it now taking 4 or 5 USELESS answers before a person gets someone serious to answer them? Is there a contest for post counts going on that wasn't announced?

If you don't want to help someone, can't help them or just bored, stay out of it.

thank you !

Sorry dude...evidently a few people who SHOULD know better are getting bored since there isn't anyone stealing parts or buying a fake Roadrunner right now.

I think a public call-out is getting due.

-
Back