lokar cable adjust

-

abodyralph

Reaction score
Hello everyone the problem I have is I have a 75 duster with a 340 and a 727 auto and it uses the lokar cable for the kickdown cable how is this adjustment made. What happens now is that it upshifts way quicker than it should and I would like to make it right.

Thanks Ralph

Hi Ralph

Here's what I did. I leave about .125 (1/8") here.

You can fine tune from that point...mine stays at this setting.

Hope this helps,
Tony

Attachments

• Kickdown.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 266
I wouldn't cut the cable that close though, not until I was 100% sure that is where it goes and I never need to adjust it again

You can also put a small spring in that gap so it shifts later but still allows the throttle to go wide open.
It won't change the shift points at all at WOT, but will delay them at light and mid throttle.

Try the adjustment first, but keep this in mind just in case it doesn't cut it.
These transmissions shifted early from day one in stock form.

Of course there's always shift kits and governor mods that can be done if needed also.

You can also put a small spring in that gap so it shifts later but still allows the throttle to go wide open.
It won't change the shift points at all at WOT, but will delay them at light and mid throttle.

Try the adjustment first, but keep this in mind just in case it doesn't cut it.
These transmissions shifted early from day one in stock form.

Of course there's always shift kits and governor mods that can be done if needed also.

Thanks gentlemen as I remember I adjusted it at w,o,p, and took the slack out of the cable

After all the trouble a friend of mine had with his Lokar set up I opted for the Bouchillon kit. Give it a try if your Lokar keeps giving you fits. The thing I do not like about the lokar is that you bite into the cable with a set screw.

-
Back