Lokar cable sticking

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
a few months ago I replaced the transmission mount in my duster
Ever since then, the 727 does not seem to want to do a 2-3 shift
It will grab 3rd when cold, but once everything warms up, it will not upshift when cruising (it will under WOT)

I went to look at it today, and noticed after I get off the gas, the lokar kick down cable does not fully return

Can i just put a lit spring on the kickdown lever on the transmission?

lokarSpring.jpeg

Can i just put a lit spring on the kickdown lever on the transmission?

I did and dropped some oil down the sheath about 8 years ago.

Yes to powder graphite. I used it on my throttle cable. Cables sheathes like to be supported so if you can add some sort of structure to it.

do ya rub the cable in it and replace it or use a solvent propelled graphite to get it down into the sheath?

Did you all ever see a cable luber. They clamp to the cable . You stick the nozzle in the side from spray lube of choice and it pushes it through the cable . You can buy just the . luber or the kit the luber is around $10.00 the kit is $25.00. They work great I have one for years from racing dirt bikes and quads with my son. Click on the links below.

Champions Choice Cable Luber Kit | MotoSport

073213f866e4695e5381635c4ece2f6ad498892f3b238bf6f181e0136911ddcb__74882.1586382808.jpg

Last edited:
do ya rub the cable in it and replace it or use a solvent propelled graphite to get it down into the sheath?
I poured a copious amount of it down into the sheat and the pushed the cable in, in the same direction

Id really hate to have to R and R the cable...hence i though, throttle return spring

Might want to check if it's hitting the floor. Had this exact thing happen after replacing an engine mount
Thanks
That was my first thought
But I checked, I can wiggle it both on the transmission end, as well as on the carb end, and it moves freely

View attachment 1715580470
do the springs man! I had 'em up here too.... You have to want gas in my rig lol

i have those springs, i was talking about adding a throttle return spring to the kickdown lever...like you posted in #4

but i gotta tell you, i think i will go with @Oldmanmopar s suggestion first
i wonder if it would make sense to try and shoot some cleaner through it first?

-
Back