diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
hey guys
i am running a lokar style quick throttle cable
this has a stud with a ball shaped end that bolts to the carburetor arm, and a "barrel" that bolts to the cable and secures over the stud with a clip

the threads in the stud are damaged and I'm thinking sooner or later it will pop out and leave me stranded

anyone have one laying around they want to part with?

I was removing mine and it broke. I went to my local auto parts store and picked up a set of Holley throttle studs. There are 4-5 different studs in the kit and 2 for sure work with the Lokar cables. I believe I still have the package at home and I can get you the P/N of it a bit later today.

This is what I bought.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-20-2

20-2.jpg

I am almost pos I do. Let me look in the morning. $1.000000000? that ok?

Lokar will send you a new one.

no, they will not
it is a "gearhead" cable
which is a knockoff of the lokar cable, but not the real deal, and not covered under lokars warranty
I asked them if they wanted to sell me one, no diece

no, they will not it is a "gearhead" cable which is a knockoff of the lokar cable, but not the real deal, and not covered under lokars warranty I asked them if they wanted to sell me one, no diece

I assumed yours was lokar. Have you tried getting a hold of "gear head?"

Seriously? I didnt know that. I should contact them, do you know what they need in order to send another one out?

I've had a lot of luck with companies sending me little items like that. Hardly costs them a dime and keeps customers coming back. It makes good business sense. I've had Lokar send me one of those little studs a loooong time ago. They're a good company. You just have to be nice on the phone.

I assumed yours was lokar. Have you tried getting a hold of "gear head?"
yes, but they seem to be a middle man
the person I talked to said all their parts comes packaged and since I bought it in april of 2015 the warranty was expired

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back