Long drives with 3.91 gears and hows Ontario Canada PD with cars with no smog left on

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
Thinking of taking my 79 Magnum on a 250 mile trip to Niagara Falls next month. Live near the Detroit area but would cross over at the Blue Water bridge and take the 402 to 401 to QWE and use my nice bicycle in the Falls and not drive my car much if at all in the city.

Car is in great shape but has not even a pcv valve. Got a 340 in it with dual carters-looks awesome with the m/t valve covers. No headers, the 340 hp exhaust manifolds. Its not very loud--only when rev-pushed hard.

Got 3.91 gears and 60 mph is 3,000 rpm. I know the semi trucks in Ontario have speed limiters set at 105 km/h. So thinking I squeeze in with a group of nice trucks and just grin and bear it all the way in Ontario. Thinking gas should be around $170 round trip.

My worry is the PD, around here we have no safety or smog tests and the police never hassle me and I get around fast at times.

I'm thinking cause how the car is over 30 years old and I'm over 40, we be OK, I be by myself and leave around 7 am and be in the Falls 1--2 pm. Any advice, tips--am I'm crazy not to spend $150 or so a rent a new car for a few days

(i've gone to the Falls a bunch of times but never with my old hot rod car)

Not sure but don't think laws apply unless you are buying or selling a vehicle in Cda.Ontario laws seem to mirror California laws for smog etc...Had a 56 Chevy years ago up there and used to get pulled over all the time-they just wanted a good look at the car.Yep,even some PD are car guys too! Have a good trip!

You'll have no problems.
The only cars that are smog checked are after 1985.

-
Back