Long Live "70" Dodge Dart 340 Swingers and "371" Six Pack

-

Gino lepore

gigi 70
Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hello to everyone, I have been a member since 2021.
Members are Truly loyal and Passionate when it comes to Mopaar A Bodies Always a lot of interesting reads/ads.
Thank you to all Staff and members for this Site.
I am a true 70 "340" Dodge Dart Swinger enthusiast , Owned one in 1970. I presently own the 70 Dodge Dart Swinger with Tom Hoovers signature on inner fender ( Chrysler Engineer and father of the hemi) with his one and only 371 Six Pack he built 1971, unmolested and original.

Yes, jos51700 , this car was in a couple of magazine..Feb 76, Popular Hot rodding and Mopar Action . Aug 2015
Missing Link, Here are a couple of pics, per your request. More pics. and great stories available on web "Tom Hoover 1970 dodge dart swinger

8.jpg

20210518_091706.jpg371 six pack "

Yes, jos51700 , this car was in a couple of magazine..Feb 76, Popular Hot rodding and Mopar Action . Aug 2015
Missing Link, Here are a couple of pics, per your request. More pics. and great stories available on web "Tom Hoover 1970 dodge dart swinger

View attachment 1716069858

View attachment 1716069860371 six pack "
Amazing to see this completed. My dad actually sourced this car to start the build (bought it off ebay out of arizona), started the resto project and ultimately got tom hoover to come over and see the engine / sign at Carlisle. Unfortunately Divorce and some shady dealings (by some shops I won't name) got in the way of having it finished, but glad to see it found the road. Somewhere I think i have photos of when we met Mr. Hoover. It was actually pretty funny. He was being bombarded by guys asking to have their hemi stuff signed while he was walking from A-B. You could tell he was overwhelmed, but my dad snuck in to shake his hand and told him that we had the 371 at the show and would love for him to come see. His eyes lit up like a kid in a candy shop and was so excited to go see it. The hemi guys were all very confused as he stormed off to look at this 371 they knew very little about. Anywho, I say all of that to say - if you ever decide you'd like to let it go, I'd love to make an offer. Enjoy!

The 70 Dart is its own thing really...the design changes and all...yes the 71 is basically the same but the Swinger 340... last year for it 71 went to Demon etc.

Just wanted to say Hello to everyone, I have been a member since 2021.
Members are Truly loyal and Passionate when it comes to Mopaar A Bodies Always a lot of interesting reads/ads.
Thank you to all Staff and members for this Site.
I am a true 70 "340" Dodge Dart Swinger enthusiast , Owned one in 1970. I presently own the 70 Dodge Dart Swinger with Tom Hoovers signature on inner fender ( Chrysler Engineer and father of the hemi) with his one and only 371 Six Pack he built 1971, unmolested and original.
Very sweet car. Do you know what headers it had on it originally?

-
Back