long term storage leak

-

demonmike70

Reaction score
I have had car for 6 years now,in winter I put in storage,had minor transmission pan leak.well I fixed damaged bolt hole threads in may.no leaks all summer long.checked on the car this week and there's huge puddle on transmission oil on the floor.not the pan leaking.but is wet buy selector shaft and front pump area.i was told this is normal due to convertor drain back from sitting form nov. to now with out starting it.by the was it's 904 trans.is this correct?before repair it also did this,i just though it was because of leaking pan.but that has been fixed.

sounds like the seal on the selector shaft, my Dodge van leaked in the same spot, was able to replace without pulling the pan.

sounds like the seal on the selector shaft, my Dodge van leaked in the same spot, was able to replace without pulling the pan.
that's what I was thinking also,that when convertor drains after sitting level gets high and leaks out of the seal.

that's what I was thinking also,that when convertor drains after sitting level gets high and leaks out of the seal.

Sounds about right, my car does the same thing. I'll fix it, I'm building a whole new trans. :-D

Sounds about right, my car does the same thing. I'll fix it, I'm building a whole new trans. :-D
thinking the same thing too.just don't have garage at home,my car is stored at commercial building that my uncle manages .it's half hour to 45 min. drive from home.i used to over haul dodge truck transmissions,42re,44re and 46re transmissions,the 904 is simpler,less parts,but I have never taken one apart.

-
Back