Long Time Lurker

-

KosmicKuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I first visited the site when Adam's car was featured in a Mopar Mag quite a few years ago. I recognize several names and cars on the list and my biggest claim to fame is that I spent one night at CudaChick's place about 3 years ago. :love4:

Located in N Ohio. I have a driver 68 FB Barracuda. Mild 318/904/3.23 SG. I converted to 73-76 K frame, 73-76 A body front discs, 10 x 2-1/2 rear drums, and 15x7 BBP steelies all around. Manual brakes and manual 16:1 steering. My favorite thing to do is just drive it 3-4 times/week during the summer to local cruises and shows. Now that I've been through the engine, rebuilt the front and rear suspensions, I feel I can drive it anywhere. Definitely not a show car so I park on the fringes. Original CA car that needs bodywork and paint but I hate to take it off the road for very long to do it. (despite being a CA car, it has holes) I store it during the Winter w/o visitation rights so I've been content with doing one big upgrade per year during the summer. Next project is sub-frame connectors, new rear springs, and general underbody cleanup/paint. I have ALL the factory parts to convert it to a 4 speed so that's on my bucket list and I really like the 5.7's.

I also have an A56 69 'cuda340 FB that is a looooooong term project. Has a 340/4 speed, factory 3.91 SG, manual drum brakes, 16:1 manual steering, fold-down arm rest bench seat, rallye dash, and of all things, a factory clock. (Guess he didn't want to be late to the track) Definitely Born to Run. The floor is beat in from where the pinion snubber smacked it a million times and one of the original wheels in the trunk was drilled for sheetmetal screws to keep the slicks from rotating. Drivetrain is original and I have the build sheet. Despite only 40,000 original miles, the front frame rails rusted completely through from the inside out so I removed the front clip and welded on a complete "new" doghouse that I obtained from a southern junkyard. Everything was going smoothly until I got the 68 and since then the poor thing has been ignored. Also life happens. (College costs, job issues, etc.)

Back to lurk.

That's gotta be Dennis! (I really don't have that many over night guests, I swear!!!!!!) Glad to see you've found your way back to FABO! The car is looking great judging by that avatar pic but you need to post some more. Ya know we're all a bunch of car **** addicts around here.

Make yourself at home and don't be such a lurker. You have lots of good info to contribute. :-D

-
Back