Long time lurker....

-

CNC-Dude

Reaction score
Finally joined up here! I've been a lurker for a long time and have interests in much Mopar stuff from the Slants, the small blocks and big blocks as well.

Finally joined up here! I've been a lurker for a long time and have interests in much Mopar stuff from the Slants, the small blocks and big blocks as well.
Welcome tell us about yourself if you don't mind.

Are you building one, looking at one or just enjoy 'em? Welcome !

Welcome tell us about yourself if you don't mind.

Ok, i'll try to keep it short. I have a pretty long career in the racing industry beginning in the early 80's. I worked for a race shop that grew from the legendary Rossville Speed Shop that was started by probably one of the winningest Mopar sportsman racers of all time, John Labbous. The shop changed names after John moved from this area in the early 80's, and became a full race oriented machine shop. I worked there for the next 15 years, and we had a large field of NHRA champs and record holder of all brands in our resume from Stock Eliminator to Pro Stock. I currently work in the CNC industry, but never could shake the racing bug. So being able to combine 21st century technology along with the invaluable knowledge and skills I obtained working with top shelf champs, makes me able to create products equal to actual companies that do. I did race when I worked for the race shop, but found a new passion in designing and making speed parts for friends and the industry. I also have written performance tech columns for (4) automotive magazines as well as written and self published a book that is non-auto related. I also have been in several dozen magazines either personally, or had products featured that I designed and made. My most recent media coverage was in Mopar Muscle and Hot Rod magazines in the same year in 2017 for a product I developed for the Slant 6 guys, and used in a dyno test article featured in those publications. I really don't think of myself as being very accomplished, I just like racing and designing and making stuff. If I can make something that helps a fellow enthusiast get to a higher level he couldn't have gotten to otherwise, I feel very satisfied.

Last edited:
Ok, i'll try to keep it short. I have a pretty long career in the racing industry beginning in the early 80's. I worked for a race shop that grew from the legendary Rossville Speed Shop that was started by probably one of the winningest Mopar sportsman racers of all time, John Labbous. The shop changed names after John moved from this area in the early 80's, and became a full race oriented machine shop. I worked there for the next 15 years, and we had a large field of NHRA champs and record holder of all brands in our resume. I currently work in the CNC industry, but never could shake the racing bug. I did race when I worked for the race shop, but found a new passion in designing and making speed parts for friends and the industry. I also have written performance tech columns for (4) automotive magazines as well as written and self published a book that is non-auto related. I also have been in several dozen magazines either personally, or had products featured that I designed and made. My most recent media coverage was in Mopar Muscle and Hot Rod magazines in the same year in 2017 for a product I developed for the Slant 6 guys, and used in a dyno test article featured in those publications. I really don't think of myself as being very accomplished, I just like racing and designing and making stuff. If I can make something that helps a fellow enthusiast get to a higher level he couldn't have gotten to otherwise, I feel very satisfied.
Glad your here because I need all you top notch guys to keep me in line. Again welcome and thanks for the up date.

Ok, i'll try to keep it short. I have a pretty long career in the racing industry beginning in the early 80's. I worked for a race shop that grew from the legendary Rossville Speed Shop that was started by probably one of the winningest Mopar sportsman racers of all time, John Labbous. The shop changed names after John moved from this area in the early 80's, and became a full race oriented machine shop. I worked there for the next 15 years, and we had a large field of NHRA champs and record holder of all brands in our resume from Stock Eliminator to Pro Stock. I currently work in the CNC industry, but never could shake the racing bug. So being able to combine 21st century technology along with the invaluable knowledge and skills I obtained working with top shelf champs, makes me able to create products equal to actual companies that do. I did race when I worked for the race shop, but found a new passion in designing and making speed parts for friends and the industry. I also have written performance tech columns for (4) automotive magazines as well as written and self published a book that is non-auto related. I also have been in several dozen magazines either personally, or had products featured that I designed and made. My most recent media coverage was in Mopar Muscle and Hot Rod magazines in the same year in 2017 for a product I developed for the Slant 6 guys, and used in a dyno test article featured in those publications. I really don't think of myself as being very accomplished, I just like racing and designing and making stuff. If I can make something that helps a fellow enthusiast get to a higher level he couldn't have gotten to otherwise, I feel very satisfied.
By the way if you ever get up to North Dakota stop in always got a cold beer and plenty of questions to keep you busy. LOL

Are you originally from Georgia? I almost feel like we should know each other.

Welcome to FABO.gif

Welcome to the light from lurking in the shadows! Hah! I think you may find several folks on here that you can relate to. Many of us have long term race pedigrees! Welcome from the frozen tundra!

I bet 100 bucks we've met before. At least bumped into each other.
Our local drag strip is Brainerd Optimist, I've been around it for a little over 30 years. I have a lot of Mopar racer friends here and the North Georgia area, so maybe we know some of the same ones.

-
Back