Long Time Mopar fan - new to FABO

-

D-ROD

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello. I've got a 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger that I've owned since 1998 and recently started working on again to refresh the engine and suspension. (I pulled the motor in 2013 and the car has been sitting in the garage ever since). The car was originally a 318 with a 904 Auto. This is a great community (long time lurker here) - looking forward to reading through some of the posts and will be looking for recommendations as I proceed with the build. Here's a few pics - yes the car is currently buried....

Dart.jpg

SB.jpg

904.jpg

Cheers!

Greetings and welcome to FABO from neighboring NY! Glad to see you rekindled the flames of that Dart project. Looks like you've got some good progress on the drive train already. When you get some more of 'er cleared off send along some more pics! This place thrives on pics! And good thinking capturing the Ram in that one pic. That'll go a long way with the die hard Mopar folks around here.
:lol:

Welcome into the sunlight! :thumbsup:

It's not "buried" it's "insulated from other, random garage debris". :lol:

Best to you in the build.

Greetings and welcome to FABO from neighboring NY! Glad to see you rekindled the flames of that Dart project. Looks like you've got some good progress on the drive train already. When you get some more of 'er cleared off send along some more pics! This place thrives on pics! And good thinking capturing the Ram in that one pic. That'll go a long way with the die hard Mopar folks around here.
:lol:
Thank you! Yes motor has already been freshened up. 318 bored .30 over, police windage tray, mild street cam and 302 swirl port heads gasket matched to a 340 intake. Transmission was also refreshed with new gaskets & seals and a shift kit. Not looking for a screamer, just a nice sounding cruiser - going for an OEM plus look no chrome, no bling. I just started in on the front suspension was going to swap to 73 spindles for disc brakes and now find myself replacing everything - no surprise! Here is a pic of the Dodge 1st Gen for what its worth

1st gen.jpg

Welcome into the sunlight! :thumbsup:

It's not "buried" it's "insulated from other, random garage debris". :lol:

Best to you in the build.
Thank you! Yes all these years I have been very careful to insulate it from any random garage debris that may cause damage!

Welcome! I think you're more of an artist. That engine looks great!

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello. I've got a 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger that I've owned since 1998 and recently started working on again to refresh the engine and suspension. (I pulled the motor in 2013 and the car has been sitting in the garage ever since). The car was originally a 318 with a 904 Auto. This is a great community (long time lurker here) - looking forward to reading through some of the posts and will be looking for recommendations as I proceed with the build. Here's a few pics - yes the car is currently buried....

View attachment 1715996790

View attachment 1715996791

View attachment 1715996792

Cheers!
Welcome!

-
Back