Longer Spare Tire Hold Down Bolt Needed

-

APK

Reaction score
I just had four new BF Goodrich T/A tires put on my 1972 Dodge Dart. I had a extra wheel so put one of the old tires in the trunk as spare. The spare hold down bolt (5 1/2') is too short now. I need a 7 1/2 or 8 inch bolt. Have found some in hardware stores by the bolt head is smaller. Any idea where I could find a longer bolt with the correct bolt head?

Thanks in advance

What if you flip the rim over, the bolt should reach and at least hold it down.
Unless you want the upright look.

I just had four new BF Goodrich T/A tires put on my 1972 Dodge Dart. I had a extra wheel so put one of the old tires in the trunk as spare. The spare hold down bolt (5 1/2') is too short now. I need a 7 1/2 or 8 inch bolt. Have found some in hardware stores by the bolt head is smaller. Any idea where I could find a longer bolt with the correct bolt head?

Thanks in advance
Stove bolt. Lowes or Home Depot.

Flipping the wheel over doesn't allow you to check the pressure. The factory made a longer one, look it up in your FSM.I haven't been able to locate one either as my factory E70x14 requires the longer one. For now I have extended mine an extra 1".

Coupling nuts, Steel plain finish, 1/2"-13 x 1-3/4" - Bolt Depot

coupling-nut-dimensions2.gif

Agree with above.

I had to extend mine because of a speaker box.

I call them "barrel nuts" but one of those, easily available at Lowes and a short length of all-thread.

-
Back