Look for our 5.7L HEMI Dart Soon

-

BB69

Reaction score
It's been a while since I introduced myself, but yesterday our Dart project got a much needed kick in the rear.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=3126

Two gentlemen from Mopar met with our team yesterday, and it was decided that they will send us a brand new 5.7L HEMI crate engine to put in the Dart. We are going to be working with them on a new cam design. Obviously, we didn't make the Power Tour, but we have readjusted our sights and now plan to have the car at the Mopar Nationals in Columbus the weekend of August 13-14. The car is currently being media blasted, and the engine should be here next week. We also have an A999 transmission that is about to get a rebuild. I'm not sure what shape the car will be in at the Nationals, but we plan to bring it one way or another.

Here the link to our website with some pics of the Dart just before it went to the media blaster.

http://www.oakland.edu/org/pdmc/dart.htm

I'll try to give you guys some more updates as things start to come together.

Thanks,
Ken

We've got some more pics up. the Subframe Connectors and Roll Bar are now in the car. Hopefully we can get it to paint by the end of the week. After that I'll be sure to post some fresh pics!

Looks like lots of work done so far. Hope to see pics when it's finished. HEY! That thing got a Hemi? Have fun and keep us up to date on it. Ray

Thanks for the compliments. It is a lot of work, but fun work. The roll bar really tested my welding skills. After trying it, it's unbelievable to see the work professionals do on a full cage. It's very hard to try and maneuver your body and the torch around the tube to get a consistent weld.

Ken

jedrattle said:
I am jealous!! I have the same car and want to put in the new hemi!

I will try to keep you updated. It looks like we are going to have to make our own engine mounts. Headers are in the works as described in Hot Rod, but they aren't readily available yet. Other than that, it comes down to finding an engine.

Good luck, and check our website for updates.
Ken

-
Back